Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toby

Nonviolent Communication

3 posts in this topic

As I see over and over again aggressive speech here in the forum it would be wonderful to introduce some of the basic concepts of "Nonviolent Communication" by Marshall Rosenberg. So that we could be a bit more mindful how we talk to each other.

Can't believe that nobody has replied to this... ?

Maybe a video could help?

@Zweistein I agree. It's an extremely relevant topic. I liked the video and appreciated the guys groundedness and sense of humor. ?

Like a moth to a flame, most of us, before we do significant work on ourselves, are drawn to negativity of different forms. Observe the entertainment industry and news media.

In his Psychological Commentaries, Maurice Nicoll makes some interesting assertions.

• A fully Conscious/Awake person is incapable of committing violence.
  • All negativity and expressions of negative emotion, if followed, lead to violence.
  • 'What makes the world go around' isn't sex, rather, it's the unconscious feeding on negativity. Such as egoic 'pecking at others', scapegoating and Schadenfreude.
  • A person who has been purified of negative emotions and reactivity possess a curious power others don't have which makes them invulnerable in a sense.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn