Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leintdav000

Reading textbooks for fun?

5 posts in this topic

I started working through an exercise science textbook the other day and I got me wondering... I did something math; If I read 20 pages every day, which isn't really a lot, I can burn through almost two whole textbooks every 6 months. Most textbooks are 500-1,000 pages; 7*20=140; 140(4)=560; 560(6)=3360... 

I'm curious why everyone wouldn't do this, lol? Knock out ten pages of one book then nock out ten pages of another--I like to read two books at a time otherwise I get bored. That's 4 entire textbooks a year: that's 40 in ten years! Do this your entire life and it's like, I imagine, seeing the world in 360p compared to 4k! 

Maybe this will be a new commitment I make! 

Just thought I'd post, maybe it'd spark some interest in others. 

@K VIL Hah, I'm in university right now! That's what surprised me when I did the math... I'm used to reading chapters in a day for all my classes... 10 pages is a joke! Unless it's really complex material... The exercise science textbook I'm reading through right now is breaking down glycolysis--something I've never been formally educated in and my chemistry knowledge has some holes in it. I didn't take education seriously until college. But it's nothing I can't figure out. GG brotha, I'll check out the link and see what's all out there

Read the books on Leo's book list instead.

I cant even begin to articulate the radical shift that will occur in the trajectory of your entire life.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

I don't see much practical value in a lot of standard academia stuff homedawg. id explore this video instead: