Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Locomike

Help With Meditation

8 posts in this topic

I started meditating not too long ago and noticed a few things. At first a few minutes into meditation i noticed a deep fear in me, a feeling so uncomfortable that i had to open my eyes about 15 minutes into the meditation. I continued meditating and this deep fear that entered me slowly started to go away, after the fear issue was over i started noticing images and colors in my meditation that completely surprised me and would come in with such impact that it would snap me awake from my meditation. Now after a while i was able to overcome the images and while in my meditation the fear comes and goes the images i just view and know thats its just thoughts and images in my mind, the problem now is sounds that i hear that actually snap me so hard off my meditation that i actually jump when i open my eyes. Can someone please help me on this? These experiences where not what i was looking for when i first started watching Leos videos and started meditating. What am i doing wrong, has anyone else experienced this? Thank you. 

Edited by Locomike

Your mind is just so unconscious that it is not used to practice for real consciousness. Keep doing meditation. Most of us had to face some kind of scary mental phase after all. I've seen people who passed out during meditation. But it goes away as you practice.

@Locomike The fears arising could be the ego's way of defending itself so it is not seen for what it really is as an illusion. The ego self doesn't like to let go of it's reign. It wants to hold on and stay in control at all times by any means possible. Go through those fears and doubts and out the other side. This is where the real work starts and often takes us out of our "comfort zone". But doing that over and over in itself will tare the ego to shreds.            The colors and images you understand. Treat them the same as thoughts. Let them pass.           I sometimes jump with sudden loud sounds during meditation.  That may be due to the fact that when meditating we "let our guard down" and become wide open and hyper sensitive.   As far as these experiences "not being what you were looking for", what is, is what is.  This work is not easy if mind is allowed to stay in charge of what is happening. Especially at first because it opens up a completely different view of what is true. There will be pains along the way for Mr. mind. That is the progress happening. Everything that arises within mind is an illusion created by mind. With practice, when a fear or doubt arises that causes distress, you will see that as a great opportunity to transcend the mind and move into a greater realm beyond what the mind is capable of. You will become freed from the fears, doubts, distractions and limitations that the mind endlessly creates.

You are doing nothing wrong at all. There is no wrong or right way to meditate. You are connecting to your inner-self and  becoming quite aware and alert of your presence of now. When you release the fear, resistance you have, wonderful things will begin to happen for you. Clarity and inspiration will be abundant. You are already experiencing some great things here. Relax and let things flow. You will get the hang of it soon. Namaste

I know that. I used to experience that same fear during the first few weeks when I just started to meditate. It simply disappeared with time...

The practice of mindfulness, as described by leo's  "Mindfulness Meditation - A Complete Guide With Techniques & Examples", in your daily routine can really help.

Edited by Nature

Thank you everyone for your responces. I watched Leos video again on mindfulness meditation and although i had already watched this in the future it made alot of more sence now to me the second time around, and i was able to understand a few things better. 

My ego tricked me into waking up by becoming my mum. I was meditating and my mum came into my room and tried to wake me up. I didn't know it was a thought. She said "if you don't wake up you won't get your reward" so I shook myself awake only to find no one there. I'll be ready next time mum!

Edited by Actualising

The fear arising is good, means u are going thru them and purifying. Keep on meditating :)