Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luqqzr

Thinking consciously while meditating

5 posts in this topic

Hey, I have a question on these two videos.

In the first video at stage one Leo says that you need to watch where the thoughts are going but not take them seriously.

In the second video at do nothing he says to let all the thoughts and feelings be (like all the absolutely crazy thoughts) without taking control over them.

What I understand on both stage one and do nothing: I should not take the thoughts seriously.

My question: Am I understanding something wrong or don't these two videos contain conscious thinking? Like thinking about a business and going deeper and deeper. Is this conscious thinking a different kind of meditation that's not explained in his videos or does he have a video about this?

The only difference I see between stage one and do nothing is that at do nothing you are furthermore controlling your body, is that right?

In mediation we watch our thoughts but we do not interfear with them, just watch, let them play out until they vanish. Trying to interact with your thoughts in any way will just create more thoughts. Conscious thinking would be being aware that "Thinking is happening". No controling just watching, being aware. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

So using the mind to think of something useful in life is not content of any kind of meditation? Or has that something to do with self inquiry?

@luqqzr

Meditation is just observation, it's very simple, don't make it complicated by over theorising it.

Observe what is happening right now in the present moment whatever it might be; thoughts, emotions, sounds, visions, temperature, hunger, thirst, pressure, etc...

Just observe yourself curiously, that's it.

Edited by Truth Addict

2 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

In mediation we watch our thoughts but we do not interfear with them, just watch, let them play out until they vanish. Trying to interact with your thoughts in any way will just create more thoughts. Conscious thinking would be being aware that "Thinking is happening". No controling just watching, being aware. 

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

@luqqzr

Meditation is just observation, it's very simple, don't make it complicated by over theorising it.

Observe what is happening right now in the present moment whatever it might be; thoughts, emotions, sounds, visions, temperature, hunger, thirst, pressure, etc...

Just observe yourself curiously, that's it.

Thanks both. Nice explanations.