Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Milan

Under constant panic with 1h30 of kriya yoga each day

7 posts in this topic

Hello, i'm 17. I've been doing kriya yoga more or less for the past four months. Now i do kriya 1h 30 each morning. I've always been anxious since when i "dropped" hobbies to reach enlightement and been having the dark night of the soul since then. I'm getting panic attaques May be because i'm expecpecting too much from kriya. I'm also breaking from m'y wordly attachements(réputation, physical look). I'm also blinking my eyes under social pressure. I also take àn antidepressants wich could be thé cause of stress. Is anxiety normal ? Am i doing kriya techniques wrong ? Thanks for the replies

Yes, i also have lots of anxiety from strong spiritual practices, i guess is a good thing if you can handle. 

Check if you are ungrounded, i notice that the more spiritual practices, more ungrounded i tend to be, more anxiety, seems like losing grip on reality, a kind of detachment (bad one) of everything. Constantly trying to escape the feeling and distracting myself from it.

I had bad side effects from Kryia when i tried it in the past, too strong for me, like sprinting in a marathon. 

I have had unwanted symptoms from kriya practice. They have all passed.

But I am free of any drugs. Who knows how yoga interacts with antidepressants. You are taking an offroad ride and exploring uncharted territories.

Were you anxious in life before starting spiritual journey?

29 minutes ago, Milan said:

I'm also breaking from m'y wordly attachements(réputation, physical look).

I hope that doesn't mean you are ruining your reputation and looks, because that would be highly undesirable and adding to your anxiety.

No i wasn't very anxious before starting m'y spiritual journey. Good to hear that anxiety symptômes have passed for you

Edited by Milan

Kriya Yoga is not to be underestimated, it is a very powerful technique. I'm a Kundalini Yoga practitioner, which is a sister to Kriya Yoga.

First I suggest that you try to come off the antidepressant, the mixture of both can't be good.

Second, I think your nervous system simply might not be strong enough at this point. I would reduce the practice of Kriya Yoga (not stop it!) and counterbalance it with practices which emphasis the parasympathetic nervous systems: Long walks in nature, getting massaged (any kind of body work) and nutrition. Or you could try a meditation:http://satnamrasayan.com.ua/uploads/Meditation/Jerome/2014.02/130507 CKY.pdf

Clinging to ego, the attention upon the pressure in the head. Move attention to heart, breath and spleen.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.