Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

grandiose delusions vs. positive self-image

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've been trying to improve my self-image lately and I've watched some videos on how to do it. People like Leo have mentioned that you always got to visualize success and believe you are good at something in order to succeed at anything even if you don't exactly know how to accomplish your goal or are incapable of doing it. Dating coaches have also said that even if you haven't had any success in dating to believe that you deserve a good partner in your life and that you are good with women or men (depending on your gender and sexual orientation) in order to succeed at dating and have a happy sex and romance life. So, does this mean that it is actually better to be overconfident, cocky, or highly deluded then to not believe that you can succeed at something? 

When you desire something and you're working towards it, it's useful to have a compelling vision that you really believe might be achievable because you're going to encounter unforeseen obstacles and without the appeal of the vision, you've got no reason to persevere. Unless you enjoy the climb, which is also possible.

This does not mean you delude yourself into believing you can't fail or that you go around telling people how great you are before you've actually achieved anything. :) 

I expect being overly confident and deluded can sometimes be helpful, particularly if you're hard-working but I'm not a fan of that kind of approach. It doesn't seem very true.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

You want to allow in Dragon Energy but hone it in a positive rather than a negative direction.  If you have Dragon Energy, use it.  Do it, don't let it do you.  

I agree with what you guys are saying, but I am wondering if there are certain goals or dreams that cannot be achieved no matter what you do and that you have to accept them as delusional fantasies that are impossible for you to achieve. For example, what if I wanted to become a vigilante who can save innocent lives when the system fails them?

On 5/15/2019 at 8:17 AM, Dan502 said:

When you desire something and you're working towards it, it's useful to have a compelling vision that you really believe might be achievable because you're going to encounter unforeseen obstacles and without the appeal of the vision, you've got no reason to persevere.

Love this.