Mezanti

how to embody red

5 posts in this topic

i feel as if though i have transitioned through red, but lack to integrate its drive and assertivity in my current development, how could i go about developing aspects of red 

Full contact Martial Arts has that element.

Although it also has Blue, Orange, Green, and Yellow elements. 

Red is a selfish vMeme that is pretty low on the spiral. If you weren't able to go through it at around age 12-18 then you will regress back to it in times of trouble. People who grew up excessively religious aren't often allowed to go through red. It will present itself in the following ways: sexual adventure, stepping on others for personal gain, anger, preoccupation with brute ways of getting what you want, bullying, seizing by force, manipulation and passive-aggressive punishment.

I went through a red phase in my late twenties and experienced all of the above. I grew up Mormon and could not embody red at the time. It came out without me understanding the spiral. It wasn't pretty and I hurt others.

I am not sure if it has a positive channel, as in, martial arts. That's more "blue" to me. 

Assertiveness only came to me after I progressed through red, though. I'm female and it came through in telling people to piss off when they were on my territory or making me feel uncomfortable. I also use it in relationships when being told I'm not good enough. I stand up for myself a lot and no longer suffer fools.

@Yellow_Girl @SFRL

Martial arts cultivate body awareness. I have found this to be extremely valuable in trying to located hidden tension in the body. Tension in your body and mental tension are very deeply related. Sparring can be a spirtual practice as well. If you want to do well, you must be here and now. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

How does being assertive, or lack thereof, currently limit you in your life? What are your current fears when it comes to social interactions? What are you things you have to do / want to do that you don't actually do? If you need a reference, take a look at the "Qualities and Shadows" section to see which qualities you need to let go of or integrate to achieve wholeness: http://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/en/red/. You may also find the other sections helpful.