Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anton_Pierre

Focus on the practices to Awakening

5 posts in this topic

I want a lot more people to actually do the practises that lead to awakening instead of trying to create conceptual frameworks.

This is something I tried to do. I was to worrying to much about conceptualizing my awakening experiences.

It's better to just focus on getting rid of the ego and finding the methods that work best for you.

If you make a football player read football books he still can't kick the ball or perform any of the drills.

It doesn't mean that learning different drills and football concepts won't help. It just means that information is only as usable as the application of it.

Imagine a person that has read football books for 10 years but still can't kick a ball. That is what so many spiritual seekers are doing!

when-find-arrow.png

I like this topic. I am glad I persisted on this forum. Have been a lurker for ages. Kept telling myself to come off it because all I kept reading was endless debates about whose Truth was the real Truth. I speak the Truth. No I speak the Truth. I am God. You are God. No your not. Is it nothing or is it something? Who am I? I am not! Bit like pantomime. I like it better on here now as there are some real nuggets and game changers for me in some of the posts and topics. 

In AA we say it's a programme of ACTION. 

Totally agree on the ego. I am sure the ego will not be tamed simply through reading and typing. 

@Bill W First rule in this path is to tamed the Monkeymind.

Edited by tedens

@Bill W Good post. It is a bit like that isn't it.

I suspect that many people in society are trying to run before they can walk with some of their practises, and smother their feelings with over-intellectualising and far-out and radical concepts. Maybe I have been guilty of this in the past.

I'm committed to learning, reading, having conversations, doing necessary healing work. But ultimately I can only find my own truth, not someone else's. Someone's truth is nothing more than their own perception.