cle103

Unanswered Questions

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

As I am progressing in my self-inquiry I stumble upon more and more questions I am not able to answer. Maybe some of you can help.

In general I really struggle with the topic of reality. Leo says that reality is everything within our perception. But what if we take an optical illusion or the case when our brain fills in the blanks we are not able to fill out. Is this false perception of what really is reality? 

Where do thoughts come from? Who makes them? How do they come into our perception? What the heck are they on a physical level?

What is empty space? We are only one third or less made of matter. What is the rest?

Why are we "confined" to the perception of humans? And why is this reality if it is not all that is (infrared/...)?

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Perception is thought.

Optical perception is subjective, illusory and it creates thought .

Thoughts can come from wherever you think they come.

Thoughts are made by whoever you think is behind them.

On a physical level thoughts dont exist even if you think brain is where they come from.

Empty space is a definition created by thought and you can define it in as many ways as you can think.

Matter, one third, those are all thoughts.

The rest is thought.

You are confined to whatever you think you are confined to.

This reality is whatever you think it is.

These were my thoughts.

6 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Perception is thought.

Perception is a faculty of the spirit that precedes intention, thoughts and conclusions.

@cle103

Reality is agreement (with others) about perceptions and conclusions.

10 hours ago, Isle of View said:

Perception is a faculty of the spirit that precedes intention, thoughts and conclusions.

@cle103

Reality is agreement (with others) about perceptions and conclusions.

What you call a faculty, spirit, intentions, conclusions, are all your thoughts and mine too when i think about them. Just thoughts, everything you write.

11 hours ago, cle103 said:

What is empty space? We are only one third or less made of matter. What is the rest?

I think you are a little bit lost in your head. You still suffer the illusion that there are many different things putting this "reality" together, including a lot of dumb but functioning matter and something brilliant like your mind that has thoughts and stuff.

This is all nice for theory, but take a step back. What is there when are silent for a moment and look with your eyes open? Feel in your body. What makes you sure that this very moment exists? Feel that out. Now take this feeling that you exist in this very moment and be with that a little bit. Try to get together with that and let it open up to yourself.

What happens? What is really there? Are there a lot of dumb functional things, formally defined, that create 99% of your reality and you are stuck in that with your never-ending thoughts or is there a notion that at least as you can feel it for now intuitively seems to be the root of this moment, so to speak.

Is this holding your moment together? Do all the other things arise from that? Investigate that.  

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

What you call a faculty, spirit, intentions, conclusions, are all your thoughts and mine too when i think about them. Just thoughts, everything you write.

May be true for you. But for me there is insight beyond thoughts. There is more to existence than just thoughts. But again, that may be different for you.

1 minute ago, Rodrigo said:

@Isle of View To me there are thoughts behind insight. Thoughts are beautiful, good luck surfing yours.

As I said, that might be true for you. This does not make it ultimate. Now, does it?

9_9

@Arik Thank you for your answer it sounds quite challenging (to me) but I will give it a go!

49 minutes ago, cle103 said:

Thank you for your answer it sounds quite challenging (to me) but I will give it a go!

It's ultimately easy because you do it in every single moment. :P ... But I'm getting your point here. Let go of anything that can be achieved, anything that needs to be searched for. Let go of splitting reality in something there is and something there isn't and then look what's left.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.