Shaun

The difference between waking and dreaming

23 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Solace said:

@Shaun You understand very well, that is our true nature :)  We put on the clothes of a body, and a mind later on; and we misidentify ourselves as being them. We are actually nobody. The person who is reading this now is this endless space of nothingness. That is what we all are, in every moment, yet since we identify ourselves as the passing thoughts, we therefore believe we are the sum total of our past experiences when we are so much more.

I understand all of this mostly conceptually which isn't ideal. Going by Rupert Spira's teachings I am actually enlightened but no, I don't think so. He tries to mainstream enlightenment but there is deeper to go.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun We are only looking at emptiness here, but a true teacher will embody both divine love and emptiness. For example. many people see Zen Buddhism as a practice of remaining as the silent empty open awareness, but in the earliest teachings of zen, the masters talked about divine love and awareness. 

To fully embody this, we must live it as much as possible! Bringing the meditation into our work, and relationships. Being aware of your divine love, and emptiness (all that is) instead of just the thoughts. But that is for you to discover, so I will just share a video that truly speaks more than I can write. Love sometimes feels like a far off dream, we are love, but we are identified with the mind that thinks we lack love, thats why we don't experience it right now. I certainly can relate to conceptual understanding. I spent years reading. It's really important to have a solid foundation I think which I can sum up in 3 main points. Feel the emptiness, feel the Heart, and know all is perfect. All three points are tremendously important. Without knowing you are perfect, as my teacher said, you can meditate until the end of time and still feel flawed. Naturally, you become the emptiness and love by surrendering yourself to the knowing that you are perfect, and all is perfect. 

As you can probably see, so many people like myself miss this point. And the greatest masters always said this repeatedly, that we are love and awareness right now. The act of seeking implies that we are not perfect, that we are starting as somehow flawed and then becoming perfect. Yet everything is already perfect as love. You could say that there is nothing other than love that exists right now (because everything form is created from it including our own thinking mind), and this love is contained within the emptiness. Since emptiness and love are outside of space and time, I can say that the space of your awareness contains everything that is, ever was, and will be created as you read this, and that you are all the forms that you perceive because all is created from love which is you, and so is still love.

Most importantly aside from understanding that you are perfect, and all is perfect is living this knowing, and then you can fully understand your own true nature that I'm pointing to if you so wish to experience it :) 

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

I read this in rupert spiras book "The nature of consciousness". It should answer your question on why dreams during sleep can seem to be more fantastical than the waking state dream.

In the dream state consciousness has access to a broader segment of its infinite possibilities than it does in the denser, more clearly defined waking state. As consciousness de-contracts, de-localises or relaxes into itself in the transition from the waking to the dream state, the forms that it assumes become less limited, and thus closer to the “ultimate form” for consciousness, which has no limits and therefore no definition.