Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trayford32

Conscious Art

20 posts in this topic

Hello this is my first post here at actualize.org. I am an artist and I've been making art related to the content Leo talks about for a long time. I find existence a never ending question but as you guys know its hard to find a lot of people to talk about it with. So I channeled it into my art. take a look and tell me what you guys think...

Murder-of-the-Ego1.jpg

btw the name of this piece is "Murder of the Ego"

@trayford32 Excellent work! Salvador Dali's works also convey the breaking down of the ego self and conceptualizing mind . That is the way I interpret them. "Soft construction with boiled beans" is a good example.

That´s nice, how big is it? on canvas? do you have a site where one can buy your stuff/ this? (i´m right now looking for a cool work to put on one of my empty walls)

@Fishy Thanks @cetus56 Yeah salvador dali was a character... I do admire his ambition... but at the end of the day its impossible for use to paint or fully communicate enlightenment... but its still interesting to try

@Falk yeah it's quite big 60x48 oil on canvas.... my site is www.myenergyaura.com I just started it last year but I have quite few pieces on there.... take a look and send me an e-mail at trayford@myenergyaura.com thanks man

beautiful piece. Even pieces that do not relate To a something 'spiritual' is art and means beauty. Something beautiful takes our focus from thought and it goes into something before that! Maybe You can have a topic in the Journal section to show more paintings.

for more information, Watch Rupert Spira his Video on art. Mooji paints too, but he also just paints a vase.

Quote: You do not talk about consciousness, You speak as consciousness ~ Matt Kahn

So maybe you may draw consciousness, but drawing as consciousness is already the most magnificent art there is.

To enhance creativity Watch Matt Kahn, It's insane!

enjoy yourself All.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

13 minutes ago, trayford32 said:

but at the end of the day its impossible for use to paint or fully communicate enlightenment... but its still interesting to try

@trayford32        I was having the same discussion with someone close that is an artist just this week. She said she has tried to communicate that through some pieces she has done.   Yea, Dali was quite the character for sure. It was said that "He would enter an altered state of consciousness by the obsessive contemplation of an object until it lost all association".

@cetus56 losing association is a scary thing but I think its a major part of reaching enlightenment... I think the major problem being able to imagine beyond that point.... how can we make sense of anything really... nothing to compare you know

Just to mention this for all it's worth, I was lucid dreaming the other morning.  I was aware of what was happening and conscious that I was in a semi dream state.  I started to create images that looked not to different that your art piece. All those colors and some that I'm not sure if they exist. It that's possible? The colors were about the same but the shapes were different. More rounded and globular but it was as if I was floating through your artwork.

Edited by cetus56

44 minutes ago, trayford32 said:

@cetus56 losing association is a scary thing but I think its a major part of reaching enlightenment... I think the major problem being able to imagine beyond that point.... how can we make sense of anything really... nothing to compare you know

The odd shapes I was seeing in the lucid dream seemed as if they had a purpose to them. Something that was beyond comprehension. 

@cetus56 depends on your point of view of life I would guess.... do you think it would be a universal truth

2 minutes ago, trayford32 said:

@cetus56 depends on your point of view of life I would guess.... do you think it would be a universal truth

@trayford32 It was all just artwork hanging on the walls of my mind  (the canvas) . I guess it was flowing out of the sub-conscious?.   But I thinking afterward, I wish I were an artist. Do you think lucid dreams could give some artistic inspiration?

I@cetus56 I do believe it can. I hasn't for me. When I sleep I'm out. So gone sometimes I wake up and don't know where I'm at. lol for me I just paint want I feel and love. I'm not good at commercial art. I think because I've always related art to freedom. Not saying that it is. That's just that way I'm wired I guess. I have some many duties in life... art is like that last exhale you know. I think you can be or do whatever you want but whatever that is put your heart in it and protect it from the haters.

1 minute ago, trayford32 said:

I@cetus56 I do believe it can. I hasn't for me. When I sleep I'm out. So gone sometimes I wake up and don't know where I'm at. lol for me I just paint want I feel and love. I'm not good at commercial art. I think because I've always related art to freedom. Not saying that it is. That's just that way I'm wired I guess. I have some many duties in life... art is like that last exhale you know. I think you can be or do whatever you want but whatever that is put your heart in it and protect it from the haters.

@trayford32 Sure, go with what flows. Do you have a choice? haha The lucid dream happened almost on it's own. I had to use the bathroom in the early morning. I got back into bed and I stayed aware that I was falling back into sleep. But I followed it and started to create images and colors at will. It  than became free flowing and happening of it's own and I just observed. I guess I opened a gate in my mind. It was wild! Than I fell into deep sleep and that was that. But it was great while it lasted. I can still see it, sort of. What a canvas! Too bad I can't share it!

Thank you :).. It goes directly to the heard.. you make the colours and the forms sing like a blackbird..

(don't know if this makes sense.. o.O)