AlexB

Fundamentals to start a business and how?

7 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm alex writing from Italy, first of all its a real pleasure and honor to be here :) second I would like to know the key requirements to start a business online because I'm really tired of my 8 to 5 job. It takes too much time and energy that I would like to use for my self actualization journey. Have a nice day and much love to everyone :D

4 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Hey, I'm alex writing from Italy, first of all its a real pleasure and honor to be here :) second I would like to know the key requirements to start a business online because I'm really tired of my 8 to 5 job. It takes too much time and energy that I would like to use for my self actualization journey. Have a nice day and much love to everyone :D

Hi Alex,

I also do not like the traditional 9-5 work week. I started my own business and work from home now. Some important questions to ask when considering starting a business are:

- Where are your expertise/ What are you good at?

-What is there a need for? 

- What is your experience? 

- How can you find a niche and stand out in an industry.

I will use my own personal experience for an example.

- I am good at understanding businesses  and marketing. I also did an internship and have a bachelors degree in marketing.

- In my particular area, there is a need for small business marketing. They are big enough to want to invest into some additional marketing, but can not yet afford to hire and in house full time marketing employee. 

- Once I realized that there was a large group of businesses who wanted to do things like social media or SEO but could not hire a full time employee to do so, I found my niche. They are my target audience. I keep my prices lower than traditional marketing companies, I do not offer "cookie cutter" marketing (each company has a slightly different focus and way for reaching their target audience), I am cheaper than hiring a full time employee, and I present data evidence monthly of a companies growth. 

I hope this helps! 

Alex, I too dislike my 9 - 5 job. It sucks away too much time, life, and energy and doesn't allow me to pursue my dreams to its fullest.

@Sarah_Flagg gave you some really good advice. 

Maybe you have ambitions to start a tech company but lack the funds? Maybe its a fashion company, but lacks the skills? Possibly even owning a bar, or restaurant but lack the time to commit to it?

Keep turning the pages backwards until you understand where you're at. 

Maybe its starting off small by buying imported goods for cheap and selling them domestically for profit?

-or-

Real-estate buying a duplex, living in one and renting the other unit out. 

Theres a billion ways to make a million dollars. I would just hate to see you stuck at a job you're not passionate about when there are successful routes you may take. 

To start a business online you need to roll up your sleeves and start doing lots of research. Survey the marketplace and start eyeing a niche for yourself. As you do that, find answers to the following questions:

• What kind of business do you want to have?
  • What do you want it to accomplish?
  • How do you want to run it?
  • Who would you be competing against?
  • How would you be attracting clients?
  • What is the value you'd be offering to clients?
  • What role do you want to play in the business?
  • How many employees do you want to have?
  • How much money do you want to make?
  • How much money do you have to invest in the business to get it off the ground?
  • What are your passions?
  • What are your are your really good at already, or could become good at?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'll start the research right away, thank you everybody for your support! :) this forum is actually very inspiring finally I'm no longer a lonely self development fanatic but actually we are building a community here, hope you'll make the app for this forum Leo because it's great! 

The forum is mobile-friendly. You can use it just fine on your phone. At least for browsing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.