Alex

AL_LAD vs LSD

5 posts in this topic

What are the advantages of each substance and is one surperious to the other in regards to inner exploration?

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

What are the advantages of each substance and is one surperious to the other in regards to inner exploration?

I would say AL-LAD is milder and easier to integrate insights. I think it's great for those new to psychedelics and those that may have anxiety issues.

They're both amazing molecules!

LSD is the promised one, the King of the psychedelics, a gift from god some would say. It plays a bit more with ego, paradoxically more ego dissolving as well as ego pumping. It is more self-important than AL-LAD which has it's pros and cons. It's hard not to take it seriously, even when it has you ROFLing. If you want to go balls deep and take a very large dose of a psychedelic, LSD is a better choice than AL-LAD because it seems to scale better as you get into the very high dose range. LSD has a huge track record and is one of the most studied psychoactives out there, as well as being one of the most explored "in the wild". I'd say LSD, by default, has a tendency to go deeper than AL-LAD.

AL-LAD is more light-hearted, colourful, silly, shorter lasting. It is less potent than LSD so it's normal dosage range tends to be higher. AL-LAD is still quasi-legal in many parts of the world. It seems to get more confusing than LSD as you ramp the dosage up. It has much less history than LSD, so to be honest I think the world is still figuring this one out to some extent - although it's close enough to it's cousin LSD that it's not completely terra incognita. It's very sensual, bubbly, creative and humorous. It's more innocent and carefree than LSD.

LSD seems like the default for self-enquiry, growth and so on, but AL-LAD has it's definite advantages as it comes with a lot less weight to it - and is "sort-of" legal in much of the world. Leo has talked a lot about AL-LAD and I agree that it's a fantastic tool for self-inquiry.

LSD can be like the serious stern teacher, or the wise cracking zen master pointing you straight towards your highest calling. LSD might make you question everything and rock your world to the core.

AL-LAD is more like that cute crush grabbing you by the hand and showing you the delicious marvels of existence. 

There are a lot of other very interesting lysergamides out there right now too, including MIPLA, ETH-LAD and the LSD prodrugs like 1a-LSD, 1p-LSD and 1b-LSD.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.