Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MLKFan

Why are non-denominational churches green?

10 posts in this topic

This has been something I have been curious about for a long time.

Another thing is why are psychedelic users as low as green? Shouldn't they be yellow because psychedelics break down your reality, which is a Tier 2 thing? As a matter of fact, don't purple also use psychedelics?

Some non-demonitional churches are green, others not. It depends on their underlying values. In general, non-denomination churches tend to be more inclusive and diverse - which are green values.

Psychedelic users may have a baseline conscious level at any stage. Psychedelics are often attractive to those in the Green stage - they tend to be more open-minded and are attracted to what psychedelics can offer them. Such as heightened creativity and nondual senses of oneness, unity, empathy and love. As well, there is ego dissolution. High green is ready for this. 

The psychedelic experience can vault a person into tier2 temporarily. That is also attractive to many Greens - since they get direct experience with 1-2 conscious levels higher than their baseline conscious level

I also want to know: what makes Ken Wilber turquoise instead of yellow? Isn't he famous for the AQAL model? I don't know that much about him but it seems to me that the AQAL model is clearly yellow.

Ken is way beyond Yellow.

If all you look at is that one model then it can look Yellow. But the man is not the model. And anyway his models go way beyond Yellow.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Some non-demonitional churches are green, others not. It depends on their underlying values. In general, non-denomination churches tend to be more inclusive and diverse - which are green values.

Isn't church's value to save people's souls? Whether they include diverse people or not, ultimately they're doing it to save people's souls, no? That strikes me as blue.

59 minutes ago, MLKFan said:

Isn't church's value to save people's souls? Whether they include diverse people or not, ultimately they're doing it to save people's souls, no? That strikes me as blue.

Yes, that would be based on a religious blue value. A church congregation can be a mixture of blue, orange and green. If a church had a strong profit motive, that would be orange

I also want to know: why is Islam at the bottom of blue while Evangelicals are at the top of blue?

Edit: @Serotoninluv@Leo Gura

Edit2: please, i really want to know this

Edited by MLKFan

On a different note, I will use this thread for my other questions so that I don't have to put them all in different threads. Here is my next question:

Ken Wilber is a huge threat to my ego because he is exactly where I want to be career-wise. He has an awesome model that I think about all day every day. He sits in a chair and teaches people spiritual stuff. He has a community that is raising people's consciousnesses.

When I think about people like this, I feel discouraged to do my own personal development work.

What should I do?

Actually I take back what I said. There are people who are where I wanna be who I still feel good about. I feel great about Eckhart Tolle. I am not jealous of him at all. I think what I actually feel towards Ken Wilber is suspicion. There's something about him that's JUST NOT RIGHT. I am VERY SUSPICIOUS of his intentions.

@MLKFan Hey, I'm interested about which of his books you have read or video/audio programs you've watched/heard that triggered this suspicion of him. Maybe it's the way his integral movement is advertised nowadays? I highly recommend one his more personal books "Grace and Grit". It's the story of him and his wife, Treya, who was diagnosed with cancer ten days after they got married and the ensuing fight and reconciliation with the disease. She was planning on writing a book about her fight but didn't live to publish it. Half (maybe a bit more) of the book consists of the manuscript she left behind, so you could say it was co-authored with his wife. You will discover a Wilber who, despite being a Zen practitioner for 15 and prolific transpersonal psychology writer at the time, is still very much a human being who deals with pain and suffering through honesty and awareness. Both him and his wife are inspiring, his wife in particular due to the story in the book. I like his Integral model a lot but this book really reinforced my respect for him, not for being a spiritual teacher or enlightened being, but for his down to earth attitude, awareness of his own weaknesses, humanity, and the honest desire to do good and follow his life purpose. 
His wife's account is heart-breaking as well as hopeful. To see such a decent human being having to go through such a fight, such suffering, and eventually accept it, make peace with the whole thing and transcend it, is absolutely moving. 

Edit: Also, to address one of your previous replies, please don't get discouraged! If you want to talk more about it you can reply to this thread. If anything, try to take some kind of inspiration out of the people who have managed to reach a point where they can raise the collective consciousness and genuinely help others. It's much work. Wilber, for example, washed dishes for many years so he could study spirituality, consciousness, and human development. Tolle was severely depressed for years before he got his revelation, and then went from being homeless to being a teacher, which I imagine required just as much work and dedication. If this is your true desire and you keep working at it you will eventually get there. I myself have no idea where I'm heading at the moment, but ultimately, I think all of us reach a point in our lives where we realize that the meaningful life is the one where we live for something bigger than ourselves. I too want to be able to help humanity forward, not necessarily as a spiritual teacher, but in my own way, whichever that will be. I'm still very confused and uncertain about the future but I have faith that if we work to grow and develop ourselves consciously, we will eventually get there. It won't be easy and I suspect that at some point there will be major shifts that will make us reconsider our direction, but it's a path worth following for the simple fact that you know it's the true path towards happiness and fulfillment - not because anybody says so or because it's the 'right' thing to do, but merely for the fact that it's our most honest desire. I realized through my past experiences that, when we truly make peace with ourselves, we inevitably crave to share that peace with those around us and humanity at large, simply because it feels right. 

Edited by lacsativ