Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MeredithSmith

Quite Confused

5 posts in this topic

I've read that when you manifest something or someone, you should not be obsessed over it.

But isn't the saying, "What you focus on, grows" also true? Isn't obsession also a sign that you are focusing on that certain desire of yours? But why is it that we should not obsess over the things or people that we desire? It seems that these principles contradict with each other. 

Can someone enlighten me about this. I'm a little bit confused.

Try to switch out the word obsessed with, desiring from lack; false desires. If you truthfully want something, it should not be from a sense of lack. When you do that, the conscious universe knows that there's lack in your desire so, it'll give you that, lack; and more will be taken away from you. If you desire something from a sense of abundance, the universe will know that and you'll be given abundance or what you truthfully desire. Lying to yourself about desiring from abundance also isn't gonna work. True desires are not selfish, desires of lack is selfish. If lying about what you truthfully want actually worked, everyone would get whatever they want.

Try to desire something that you want to *experience*, not have.

That's my take from it.

"To those who have, more will be given. From those who have little, even that will be taken from them.”

Edit: I read the the whole question wrong Lol

You don't obsess over your manifestation because everything in life is temporary, even life itself. Obsession with anything temporary will lead to suffering. We desired and manifested something because we wanted to experience it. Experiencing does not garantee permanency.

Life is meant to be an experience, life is temporary. Experience = temporary

Manifestations = Experience = Temporary = Suffering = Life

Edited by Swagala
Dummy

I got nothing.

Obsession creates attachment,which causes suffering. If you get what you desire and are attached,there will be a persistent underlying worry of losing it. If you don't get what you're desiring,you suffer not getting it and will constantly be chasing and suffering not getting it,a vicious cycle. Also,you may get what you desire,but then you have certain "perfectionist" ideals of how it should come and what it should look or be like, and if those ideals are not met,there will be disappointment in actually getting what you desired but it didn't live up to the perfect ideal you created in the mind. There will always be something a little "off" about it.

All in all,obsession is never a good thing.

Edited by who chit