FeelFree

The Difference Between Human Being And Robot

16 posts in this topic

Hi, I've seen some Leo's enlightenment videos and I can't stop asking myself, what is the difference between humans and robots. I don't mean intelligence. Someone's answer could be "emotions", but I think that these are just the matter of ego. Could you please expain it to me?

When AI becomes conscious there is no difference.

Right now, the only "difference" is that life is conscious, and AI/robots, as far as we know, are not.

We can feel like Robots sometimes because we have no control over a lot of things on our body and minds, but that happens because we don't know our real self or no-self.
:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

20 hours ago, SkyPanther said:

When AI becomes conscious there is no difference.

Right now, the only "difference" is that life is conscious, and AI/robots, as far as we know, are not.

What exactly do you mean by the word "conscious"? Like you are conscious that someone touch your leg? Or you mean that robots doesn't know they are "alive"? Because then I think "conscious" equals "ego".

21 hours ago, Henri said:

@FeelFree Are you a robot?

Why not?

Very intelligent answer! But I still can't find out some hardcore difference.

19 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

We can feel like Robots sometimes because we have no control over a lot of things on our body and minds, but that happens because we don't know our real self or no-self.
:)

So after knowing my real self/no-self I would realize the difference? Or I would realize that there is none? I think that Leo said we have no control over things and when we realize this, we'll become enlightened.

Ouspensky describe human-beings without awareness living as robots, in the book "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution".

The brain seems to work like your intel i7 core : with on and off switches, exept that the brain have trillions more connections.

Kinda cyberpunk ;)

Edited by Soulbass

1 hour ago, FeelFree said:

What exactly do you mean by the word "conscious"? Like you are conscious that someone touch your leg? Or you mean that robots doesn't know they are "alive"? Because then I think "conscious" equals "ego".

Something that is aware of qualia. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia

This is an interesting question ... I liked Henri's response. 

There is a thought experiment from the course, Philosophy of Mind, in which a similar question was posed,  What would be the difference between a fully functional human like entity, that acted identically to a human, but with no subjective experience, what would be the difference?  Upon reflection, you would find out that interacting with this entity would not be any different, to you, then anyone else.  Here, I believe, we have a clue ... it is our subjective experience, or our perception of subjectivity.  

There seems to be a silent witness to all perception and subjectivity, the awareness itself.  A robot does not have this silent witness, a robot can take in, receive, or detect sensory information, but can it say it is aware of such sensation?  It likely could detect the color red, point it out ... but would it have the subjective experience of color?  Of sound?  It could even be programmed with an 'emotional' reaction to certain sensory data ... but what is it to feel the emotion?  

Think of the experiences that you could not possibly describe to anyone else ... it is something that only you could perceive.  Ask if a robot would have the same 'experience.' See what you find out ... 

22 hours ago, Mr Blak said:

This is an interesting question ... I liked Henri's response. 

There is a thought experiment from the course, Philosophy of Mind, in which a similar question was posed,  What would be the difference between a fully functional human like entity, that acted identically to a human, but with no subjective experience, what would be the difference?  Upon reflection, you would find out that interacting with this entity would not be any different, to you, then anyone else.  Here, I believe, we have a clue ... it is our subjective experience, or our perception of subjectivity.  

There seems to be a silent witness to all perception and subjectivity, the awareness itself.  A robot does not have this silent witness, a robot can take in, receive, or detect sensory information, but can it say it is aware of such sensation?  It likely could detect the color red, point it out ... but would it have the subjective experience of color?  Of sound?  It could even be programmed with an 'emotional' reaction to certain sensory data ... but what is it to feel the emotion?  

Think of the experiences that you could not possibly describe to anyone else ... it is something that only you could perceive.  Ask if a robot would have the same 'experience.' See what you find out ... 

Amazing thought. Well, maybe human being is that much complex we can't even think how much. If you take your time and try to collect every sensation, feelings etc. from your past, I think some day there will be the possibility to create a human clone. But what about addictions? Can robot have one? Or are those just a matter of "ego"?

I don't believe robot would have addictions ... addictions are physiological, or psychological behavioral conditions that are usually beyond our level of consciousness.  Our body will usually usurp our mind to get what it needs, to satiate a desire.  The ego will just be along for the ride, the behavior is not guided by the ego. 

On 20.4.2016 at 6:22 PM, FeelFree said:

I can't stop asking myself, what is the difference between humans and robots.

The biggest differences are the lack of life (life-energy), (true) emotions and free-will.

Machines can only work within the parameters of their algorithms, even if the machine is set up in a way that it will "learn", "decide" and "implement", it's a set up programm, a stimulus-response mechanism without the quality and faculty of contemplation or reflexion.

~Chris

Edited by Isle of View

On 4/20/2016 at 0:22 PM, FeelFree said:

Hi, I've seen some Leo's enlightenment videos and I can't stop asking myself, what is the difference between humans and robots. I don't mean intelligence. Someone's answer could be "emotions", but I think that these are just the matter of ego. Could you please expain it to me?

stp65-1024x365.jpg

On 21/04/2016 at 10:48 AM, FeelFree said:

So after knowing my real self/no-self I would realize the difference? Or I would realize that there is none? I think that Leo said we have no control over things and when we realize this, we'll become enlightened.

I think you are answering it in your same question. There´s none (true self = no/self = none = nothingness). But when you truly realize that there´s nothing, at that moment you will see reality without distortion, ergo you will be enlightened. And for truly realizing I don´t mean being understood by logic or reason.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16