Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kindayellow

Would you consider xxxtentacion to be a cult leader?

9 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how many people are aware of him in this sort of space, but he was someone who was very into this sort of stuff

He called his fans a cult/family/ my people

He once said that he kinda wanted to be like a prince

He never promoted any weird stuff, he asked his supporters to just be there for him and treat him with respect

If you're familiar with his actions in terms of the advice he gave and how he began to carry himself towards the end of his life, I'd appreciate any sort of insight 

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

No X wasn't a cult leader. He had a big following, but he managed it well for his age and situation.

Once he turned his life around from being violent and negative and decided to be positive he was on a really good track for his age. But soon after he got murdered.

This is the classic case where someone starts with an egoic mindset "I will fuck them all", "I will conquer the world" but the journey humbles him. Also, take into account how much hate X got and how tough it was to cope with that.

The thing about fame is that since they are on the spotlight all the time you see both their dark moments and their best moments. If I have issues and do some fucked up shit to cope with them, people will never know. When X does something weird, people know. The younger you are the more fucked up shit you do since you are a child and you don't know better (violence, drugs, etc). 

In that sense X had started the good road and grew really fast as a person. I didn't know about meditating at 19, Jaseh had it in his album cover. 

After Nippsey died I had some moments thinking about the situation. These people weren't even a big influence on me but had a positive influence on the world no doubt about that. My point is you do you and don't care about anything else. 

The moment creative authenticity becomes oversaturated is the moment our planet will be green if not yellow.

@kindayellow A thread about X? Awesome.

I just saw him as someone who wanted to make a difference in the lives of many people.

He definitely came from a place of negativity at first, his mom kicked him out, and his dad was locked up so he didn’t have anyone. So I’m pretty sure that’s what lead to him being this dark and “negative” person, beating people up, all the stabbings, etc.

And one of the things that’s so interesting about him is that he seemed to make such a significant change going from that place of negativity into a more positive light. In my opinion its most likely because of the time he spent in jail which probably lead to him contemplating his life, questioning his actions, etc. So I guess we can really say that jail time is actually doing good for these people. Imagine being locked up in a cell for months/years, all you got is yourself and you have no choice but to contemplate about life.

To answer your question, was he a cult leader? No I wouldn’t say so, I’m not really sure why you would ask that question. In my opinion its just the fact that he made such a huge shift in his life that he wanted to teach others to do the same. But being such a young age, people who learn these type of teachings tend to try to lecture others about it too. I mean, I was definitely like that, and still that way to some extent, trying to teach others about self-actualization. So what I’m trying to say is that it seemed to me that he fell into the trap of trying to “teach” others or trying to “spread an ideology.” I bet he was like that with all his friends too, there’s a video of him telling Kodak Black what to do. “Don’t do this and that.” It’s just coming from a place of trying to add value to other people’s lives and probably his way of showing love to others. But honestly that type of behavior repels people.

He was only 20 and sometimes I question his own spiritual growth. It’s easy to tell others what to do but its a lot harder to focus on your own growth. He seemed to have somewhat of a strong spiritual ego, but nevertheless, I’m a huge fan, and he definitely made a huge difference in a lot of people’s lives. Whether its through his music or the stuff he did and talked about.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

21 hours ago, Socrates said:

In that sense X had started the good road and grew really fast as a person. I didn't know about meditating at 19, Jaseh had it in his album cover. 

After Nippsey died I had some moments thinking about the situation. These people weren't even a big influence on me but had a positive influence on the world no doubt about that. My point is you do you and don't care about anything else. 

@Socrates Which album cover? You mean the one in my profile picture? Or did you mean contemplation and questioning?

Same. Wasn’t a huge fan of Nipsey but after the whole situation I found out he seemed like a really good person. And with him doing a documentary on Dr. Sebi, its just crazy to me that this is all happening to people doing good in the world. I mean not to talk conspiracies but its just insane.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@7thLetter @Socratespersonally I've never questioned his growth, I've questioned his ego, he said he had no ego, he must of done, he may of dissolved it to an extent but it takes years likely to truly reach enlightenment. His growth always seemed very natural never forced, he even kinda documented it with his hair colours, and in fact, the spiritual meaning of the colour indigo, which is what X called his hair (it did fade to blue yes but intended to be indigo) is entirely based around service to humanity, a protector. And that's truly what he was. He at times cared for his fans more than himself, and I think he was truly a beam of light and just had so much good in his heart coming from all the negativity is nothing short of amazing, I truly struggled with his passing more than anything I've ever experienced, it's like I lost a best friend, I know keep him in my heart, and think about him supporting me in times where I feel uncomfortable. I feel very close to him. 

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

@7thLetter The album I was referring to was the "17" one. Go read the cover notes you will see what I am talking about.

@kindayellow Not to nitpick too much here but the reason we idolize people is that authenticity, courage, and creativity are rare in our era. So the one out of the millions that possesses those traits stands out like a sore thumb.

I as I previously said I didn't even follow both X and Nipsey when they were alive since I am not from the US nor that culture. My conclusion has been that if we encourage people to follow their creativity fearlessly we won't need to idolize anyone.

If we have 100 Jesuses you won't feel then need to idolize the 1 since there are 99 more lol.

With all that in mind, I dont undermine X by any means. He turned his life around and was on track for an insanely productive and positive future. Most famous people when the hit the kind of lows X did, they kill themselves.

@Socrates id definitely agree with that, you get rappers now trying to be like X, but in an inauthentic, boring way. They'll just be like 

"I know what it feels like to be alone guys I love you all??"

Like I can just tell that's not genuine, I'd have to see them talk about something of actual substance in a vlog or interview. 

Also, if you're well versed in spiral dynamics, (which I am not, I watched the whole mini series Leo did once, still some of the most interesting content Leo's ever made imo) where would you place X? You seem to know enough about him, idk if you've ever listened to his words of wisdom per say, I'd place him half green half yellow with bits of orange left over.

@Socrates  Okay I see it now.

@kindayellow I know you're not asking me but I would say X is more on the Green side with some Orange. Probably 75% green 25% orange. I don't really see the Yellow. Mainly green because of the genuine care and love for other people, especially with the emotional side of him, those tend to be the general characteristics of stage green.

This is a really good site to refer to: http://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/en/green/