Eric Tarpall

Is the food pyramid wrong?

27 posts in this topic

On 09/04/2019 at 1:47 AM, RawJudah said:

@bejapuskas obviously factory farming is bad. That’s why we should only buy grass fed pasture raised animal products. 

What ya going to do though? Stop the big factory farms? 

Come on...

Actually grass fed is more damagable for the environment. Not talking about health here. It demands more land, and more ressources overall. Given the number of people on earth today it's a sure way to increase global warming. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Yes, it should be the upsidedown.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 4/20/2019 at 4:58 PM, Shiva said:

So, fast food, sweets, candy on top, red meat and processed fats second, fish, eggs and dairy third, fruits veggies and whole grains last?

Isn't that kind of how fat and sick people eat?

Meat first, dairy second, veggies third, fruits fourth and nuts and seeds at the bottom. Obese people eat lots of meat but they eat low quality meat. They cook the meat which destroys the nutrients and they use harmful vegetable oils.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

1 hour ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Meat first, dairy second, veggies third, fruits fourth and nuts and seeds at the bottom. Obese people eat lots of meat but they eat low quality meat. They cook the meat which destroys the nutrients and they use harmful vegetable oils.

Good quality meat is way to expensive for most of people, I can bet that rarely anyone even knows how huge difference there is in what they can find in their local store and what is proper meat. 

Same goes with pretty much every food. 

Edited by purerogue

According to my blood type, which is rhesus negative 0 negative, I should be eating meat, veg, nuts and water. THAT'S IT.

And tbh, I have tried that and feel really healthy, and either lose fat or build lean muscle depending on what I do.

It's just hard to do it. You can buy a mars bar or a "healthy bar" full of carbs at ANY shop, but you can't buy meat and veg, or they sell nuts sprinkled with...carbs. Can't even get fuel at a petrol station and a snack because it's all junk food or fruit (a no no on low carb).

The other "diet" that worked well but I only lasted 3 days for the same reason, was fruit only. I am concerned with long term frutarianism though.

And because most of the fruits I would eat do not grow here, they don't line up with my evolution-optimized digestive system. Which could even be why fruitarians who were born / have ancestors in Europe, suffer from eating watermelon and coconuts all day.

12 hours ago, purerogue said:

Good quality meat is way to expensive for most of people, I can bet that rarely anyone even knows how huge difference there is in what they can find in their local store and what is proper meat. 

Same goes with pretty much every food. 

Very true! I used to import beef from Japan, so it would look like this:
wagyu.jpg
vs from the UK:
MS-2-Sirloin-Steaks-%C2%A38-price-on-pac
But I quit eating beef due to being talked into doing so for "karmic reasons" even though I intuitively don't feel like it causes me bad karma. Been eating chicken instead.

The problem is the Japanese stuff is £300 per steak vs £8 for the british...

white fat? - no, thank you! - fat rendering should be yellow

and about "Actually grass fed is more damagable for the environment."

well - that's pure propaganda