Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tony 845

Thoughts on therapy to help you get to enlightenment

4 posts in this topic

Or is enlightenment the only end all that will dismantle anxiety & depression. 

Typical Non dual teacher responses when asked do you suffer?

Yeah, but the ego falls away as soon as it arises.

or

Another common answer is pain might arise but I don’t make it worse but identifying with it. 

Or 

Things arise, come and go but they are not me

A few flat out say they still suffer. David Spero, Jan esmann, Craig Holliday.

Non duality is not what’s promised. Its not what your think. It’s just the beginning of another journey:

Doesn’t matter that your third eye is weird, doesn’t matter if u have kundalini.

People have spiritual processes happening to them for decades sometimes. Aim for consistent growth. Not escapism. If you chase fantasies. When non duality comes you’ll have paid too much for it to look at it honestly, deluded yourself and prevent further growth.

Relax, grow, practice, and more importantly be a good person. To those around you and to yourself.

1 hour ago, Tony 845 said:

Or is enlightenment the only end all that will dismantle anxiety & depression. 

For someone interested in dismantling anxiety and depression, I would recommend personal develop.

The above question assumes that enlightenment is an end to anxiety and depression. Yet that question is contracted within the personality construct.  Does a rock or mouse care if some person becomes less anxious? Of course not. Does enlightenment care if a person becomes less anxious? Of course not. Those issues are on a personal level and enlightenment is trans-personal.

However, that question is very important to the person and appropriate for personal development. I do personal development to help calm my mind-bod, reduce anxiety and improve quality of life. Therapy can be highly effective for personal develop and reducing anxiety and depression. Yet don’t confuse personal stuff for enlightenment.

I just watched a lisa cairns video the other day and a person came on and thanked her for recommending therapy (sorry this isn't exact) but basically the person said that they were older around 60 or something and that they were so glad that they finally got into therapy and can finally relax and meditate and are finally experiencing what they have been working toward for so long...