Huz

Peter Ralstons Book Of Not Knowing

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys

Do you recommend to read this book? Is it a practical book?

I have heard it's great but there are also other spirituality books on my list.

The Book of Not Knowing is probably the deepest and most practical book I have ever read. It's so fucking deep... His other book "Pursuing Consciousness" is also a great one but should be read if you have read "The Book of Not Knowing".

Hallå

thanks mr president :P

Edited by Huz88

21 minutes ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

The Book of Not Knowing is probably the deepest and most practical book I have ever read. It's so fucking deep... His other book "Pursuing Consciousness" is also a great one but should be read if you have read "The Book of Not Knowing".

has it been a major part of your spiritual path?

Yes! Peter knows you a lot better than you do, it's defenitly worth the read. Just don't forget that to do the work you gotta do the work! :)

Hallå

11 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

very good book, worth reading. @Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj how is "Pursuing Consciousness" and how does it differ to the book of not knowing

Hmm... Was about 6 months ago but it is more about how to deal with awakening, pitfalls that you can make, traps,  cheese chasing etc. than how to get awakening. I can't reallt explain it very clearly but it kind of grounds you. Peter know what he is talking about...

I had the same feeling of beeing grounded in my work when I read "The End of Your World" by Adyashanti which is one of my favourite books aswell. "Pursuing Consciousness" has probably effected my life as much as  "The Book of Not Knowing" but it really helps you if you've had one or more enlightenment experiences. I haven't understand the depth of any of thoose books by the way. Cheers! :)

Hallå

have you read spiritual enlightenment the damndest thing, and if so how would it compare to the books above. il probly read it next.

10 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

have you read spiritual enlightenment the damndest thing, and if so how would it compare to the books above. il probly read it next.

I really love Jeds trillogy. They are good reads all of them! However Peter Ralstons books are practical and Jeds aren't really. Jeds books kinda put me on the pain of no return, they made me really hungry for truth even though they weren't practical. Just don't start to see him as some kind of super guru guy or something. :)

Hallå

Cool thanks guys, it's own it's way tomorrow - can't wait! 

What about Tolle's book called the power of now?

I'm halfway through the book right now. Does he provide exact contemplation practices? I haven't checked the chapter about contemplation cause I haven't reached it yet.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

I haven't read it but I would suggest to first walk/sail around the world, do a back flip off the Eiffel Tower, marry the queen of England, shave your head, form a cult and then most importantly flick to that chapter and skim read it to get the jist of the contemplation