TKP

Always sleepy/tired when sitting.

4 posts in this topic

I have a clean vegan diet, supplementing with B vitamins and O3, I do heavy exercise 3 times a week, I get 8.5 to 9 hours of sleep a day.

I don't have a problem focusing on certain things, but every time I sit down I just feel sleepy and my eyelids get heavier. A lot of my meditation sits end up in hypnogogia and me fighting for focus and clarity. I get frustrated at how sleepy I am when sitting, I try to observe the sensation of being frustrated since there is now something strong in my awareness, but then the focus wanes and I drop down into the falling-asleep zone.

When I am in the company of distraction and work I never feel this. It's impeding my progress. Is it possible this is just an unfairly powerful defense mechanism against increasing consciousness? I have been trying to just accept the fact that I'm sleepy most of the times I sit for an unknown reason, but that's not going to help anything really.

Thanks guys.

Ha wow idk dude has this been the case your whole life? What has changed? How in tune are you with your body? 

And uh why are you sitting? What is the purpose?

Maybe it’s time for 24/7 mindfulness meditation.