zambize

<3

208 posts in this topic

I think one of the biggest mistakes people make on the spiritual path that I have made myself is that they are less likely to contemplate insights from a teacher when they have direct experience with some of their teachings.  Let me explain.

You might watch a video from Mooji, in this video lets say Mooji rattled off what you could categorize into 16 distinct insights. Maybe you have genuinely had a direct experience with 8 of them, and the other eight seem intellectually reasonable.  Now, because you have so many direct experiences that overlap, you kind of let your guard down and take the other insights which may have seemed intellectually reasonable for a fact without testing them in your direct experience.  It's easy to be deeply critical of someone who is obviously wrong in many ways such as logical fallacies, unrelated arguments etc.  We need to be extra vigilant with people we strongly agree with to make sure we aren't getting lazy with contemplating their insights for ourselves

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

4 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

This movie had a lot of extreme currents in relation to issues of femininity. It might make a good frame of reference for discussion. Have you ever watched it?

I haven't but I'm totally down to watch a movie if it's on netflix/I don't have to pay for it!

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

It's both funny and sad. 

One of Robin Williams first movies.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I give myself an A for this week in terms of goals day 3/66.

I just took away my plus from the A because I ate this kinda shitty muffin for no reason yesterday.

Anyways it's no secret I've been working on my emotional sensitivity and connecting with others, this week was a really good opportunity to do that because I was spending the week on a family vacation with my grandparents.  This side of the family is known for watching fox all day, being materialistic, bit of tough love.  Seems to me to be largely orange centered.  I was extra vigilant in making sure to give them good eye contact, to really listen to them, and to help them work through their emotions in a lot of places they've been fucked over.  I tried to teach them you can disagree with people and still love them by getting into small discussions/debates about not too hot of topics and just showing them that you can have discussions and disagree with people you love.  I think I explicitly said, "there is us, and then there are our ideas, and it's you that matters to me".  I of course meant this, but I did try to be extra tender with them.  We were leaving today and I saw that woman (my grandma) tear up for the first time in my life, what a cry baby <3.  My dad noticed in the car and remarked about it saying something likes "shes a hard nut to crack but I saw some emotion".  You're damn right shes a hard nut to crack Haha, just takes a bit (lot) of love and emotion for orange

Spacebar,

Use it.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, zambize said:

I typed this on my phone, no space bar just the English (US) button, wait what are you even criticizing dumb ass?

I only criticize people I love

?

God is love

And God in them

The Good Chef

There are many different facets to what I would consider a good chef.  First of all, his stew is good.  It tastes good, and not because he followed a recipe, a good chef intuitively knows how he wants his stew to turn out.  He can stick his finger in his stew and know how to adjust the seasoning without referring to his recipe.  The good chef doesn't obses over recipes, he can see a recipe and understand what kind of stew that recipe will make without even making it yet.  He is able to help other chefs create their own stew, and understand that each chef may want a different stew.  The good chef teaches with his hands, he asks his students to dip their finger into their stew and have a taste.  How many flavors can you pick out? Which flavors do you like?  A good chef doesnt just teach a recipe to his students, he also teaches the ability to intuitively make their own.  He is kind and compassionate, as not to discourage his students from letting him taste their stew and being honest about it.  The chef knows that the stew must also be packed with nutrition, in this sense he is practical and pragmatic.  You cant survive on just a good tasting stew, we require a degree of nutrition and practicality to survive.  Finally a good chef enjoys cooking, he understands that even if he can create a good stew for himself and others, that the need for a stew in the first place was of his own design, a challenge to be enjoyed.  A good chef has fun in the kitchen

Too masculine:  If the chef is too dominated by masculine energy, he will obsess over his recipe.  After all the latest and greatest stew research backs him up.  He butts heads with all the other chefs because he is insistent on his stew being the most nutritious delicious stew.  He fails to be intuitive about what him and others want and this leads to a less enjoyable stew.  This can lead to insecurities about his recipe being right which may get projected onto the other chefs.

Too feminine: This chef is intuitive and able to connect with other chefs and what they want, however they still live in a world where stew is used for nutrition.  The lack of nutrition and practical value of this stew can lead to malnutrition of those that eat it.  There can be a lack of systematic thinking which makes it hard for the chef to build any kind of recipe for others to follow making it hard for other chefs to stand on their shoulders so to say when making their own stew.

Too childlike: If the chef is too playful, they might be prone to belittling the struggles of people who are taking their cooking very seriously.  The blessings that they have in regards to enjoying cooking and enjoying whatever comes out leads them to not take the problems of the other chefs seriously despite those problems feeling very real to them

I think the ability to create metaphor and allegories to communicate requires 3 centered awareness. I went to go google about what that ability requires or signifies 2 hours ago and got diverted. After a google search I got diverted again reading the best explanation of Platos cave, that I've ever read. https://laney.edu/humanities_philosophy/allegory-of-the-cave-a-modest-interpretation/

While in the shower I realized the Georgia guidestones are not a Manifesto for an evil world government. That just shows the amount of negativity in a lot of peoples subconscious if you YouTube the subject. Instead they're a Legominism as well as a prophesy of an age where humanity awakens and we shut off mechanical baby making. There's too many people for this planet with our current technology. I don't know if what I just expressed is true. I just pulled it out of thin air. I think I'll go read again what the guidestones actually say. It's been a few years

Hope there's something relatable. I got diverted, then after going off on a tangent, turned down a side street, 

I don't cook or do math.

7 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I think the ability to create metaphor and allegories to communicate requires 3 centered awareness. I went to go google about what that ability requires or signifies 2 hours ago and got diverted. After a google search I got diverted again reading the best explanation of Platos cave, that I've ever read. https://laney.edu/humanities_philosophy/allegory-of-the-cave-a-modest-interpretation/

While in the shower I realized the Georgia guidestones are not a Manifesto for an evil world government. That just shows the amount of negativity in a lot of peoples subconscious if you YouTube the subject. Instead they're a Legominism as well as a prophesy of an age where humanity awakens and we shut off mechanical baby making. There's too many people for this planet with our current technology. I don't know if what I just expressed is true. I just pulled it out of thin air. I think I'll go read again what the guidestones actually say. It's been a few years

Hope there's something relatable. I got diverted, then after going off on a tangent, turned down a side street, 

I don't cook or do math.

Haha I just woke up and intend on wake and baking so I'll read the explanation of platos cave later as I havent even heard of that, if you hadn't guessed.  You do go off on tangents and your responses always require me to google words and stuff, but as someone who likes to learn, this isnt at all a problem and I appreciate you presenting me with material to look at.  

I think I want to use pokemon next to talk about some stuff, hopefully that's more relatable than math or cooking for you, but probably not.  You're an old guy right?  

Edited by zambize

When you want the next Pokemon,

But you're poor

IMG_20190322_141557.png

God is love

And God in them

The Good Doctor

One trait of the good doctor is he can administer his medicine without the patient even knowing.  The bad doctor is clunky and barges in the room with a big needle and a serious look on his face.  He thinks he's a good doctor because he has administered the medicine to every patient he has had.  The bad doctor grabs the childs arm and forces the medicine into his body.  This doctor has in truth offered this child valuable medicine, but he didn't consider how making the experience traumatic would lead the child to fear healing and medicine.  The good doctor kindly and compassionately offers the shot, making sure to make the experience as painless as possible for the child.

Video of a good doctor

Edited by zambize

Here are some of my own uhh modern day spiritual practices that I made and thought were useful, I'm sure many forms of these already exist though.

1.  Say/Think out loud something along the lines of what I did  "God you're a fucking pussy if you don't kill me 10 seconds, I want to die"  Now start counting down from 10, are you nervous?  Who is nervous?  Why?  How are you reacting to any possible anxiety that is coming up?  SEE HOW YOU REACT.

2.  Sometimes I recently found helps me refocus on my breath is asking myself (especially when I'm outside and in nature) how many distinct smells I can smell?  Or even if there is such a thing as a distinct smell?  Are you trying to look at green and see blue and yellow?  Or are you seeing a checkered pattern of blue and yellow?  Or?  You tell me if you can but truthfully it's not about that, it's just about trying 

Try and make your own spiritual exercise you've never heard of, why do you consider it a spiritual exercise?  What does it offer you?  Stuff to think about

5 hours ago, zambize said:

Haha I just woke up and intend on wake and baking so I'll read the explanation of platos cave later as I havent even heard of that, if you hadn't guessed.  You do go off on tangents and your responses always require me to google words and stuff, but as someone who likes to learn, this isnt at all a problem and I appreciate you presenting me with material to look at.  

I think I want to use pokemon next to talk about some stuff, hopefully that's more relatable than math or cooking for you, but probably not.  You're an old guy right?  

Correctomundo, I'm an old guy at 51. I've heard of Pokémon though.  Also familiar with wake and bake. Was effective for me in getting off Paxil. Much more healthy than SSRI or beerios. 

9 minutes ago, zambize said:

Try and make your own spiritual exercise you've never heard of, why do you consider it a spiritual exercise?  What does it offer you?  Stuff to think about

In the past I would pretend that within a few minutes, as a captive, I would be subjected to a slow brutal form of physical torture until death. It would bring me more into the present and the experience gratitude for very simple things.

26 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

In the past I would pretend that within a few minutes, as a captive, I would be subjected to a slow brutal form of physical torture until death. It would bring me more into the present and the experience gratitude for very simple things.

Slow and brutal is fun. I got one a bit more sharp and cringing, imagine sticking a toothpick underneath your big toe's nail and kicking a wall

What would 51 year old you tell 23 year old you (if anything) if somehow you could reach him and help out his timeline?  What could another 23 year old learn from this?  (Asking for a friend)

Unhuh, not nice either like vice grips and blow torches. I don't practice this anymore after I realized more the power of thought. It's not a healthy practice. My 23 yr old self wouldn't listen. In one ear and out the other. My whole ship of fools were even more hardheaded back then. I don't know,,,,,??

8 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Unhuh, not nice either like vice grips and blow torches. I don't practice this anymore after I realized more the power of thought. It's not a healthy practice. My 23 yr old self wouldn't listen. In one ear and out the other. My whole ship of fools were even more hardheaded back then. I don't know,,,,,??

Fair enough.  Fair enough, just kind of curious what older people think of how much they've changed as they've gotten older, if they kind of became the person the expected to be when they were 23 looking forward, vs. who they actually became when they were older looking back.

Alright, I spent one minute building an enlightenment conceptual framework so I could defend it to the death, after much deliberation I chose a stick of dynamite

dynamitething.jpg

"That enlightenment framework is the bomb"

-Everyone

Edited by zambize

5 minutes ago, zambize said:

Fair enough.  Fair enough, just kind of curious what older people think of how much they've changed as they've gotten older, if they kind of became the person the expected to be when they were 23 looking forward, vs. who they actually became when they were older looking back.

I was so idealistic, If my younger self would have seen what I've become, he would have killed himself immediately. Dynamite would work ok. But from here looking back, it doesnt seem all that bad. If that makes any sense,,,