Arhattobe

I did a Qeeg/Brain scan

50 posts in this topic

@Arhattobe

Btw on the flip side, could it be that you awakened so fast BECAUSE you had nasty episodes with psychedelics back in the days? While most monks spend 50 years in a sangha just to be more close-minded, dogmatic and lowkey egotistical in the end.

How could you ever know?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

12 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@tsuki The inability to think, and other changes that have made my internal life very different than before made me how such changes are reflected within my physiology.

@Arhattobe So, you were just curious? I can kinda get that. Did you learn anything interesting?

Also, do you maybe have a brain scan from before you started meditating? It may be the case that your brain was abnormal to begin with.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

22 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Also, do you maybe have a brain scan from before you started meditating? It may be the case that your brain was abnormal to begin with.

No it's not abnormal. It's pretty much the common brain structure of those who have been meditating hardcore for decades or just flat out WOKE enlightened. There is little to none self-referential thoughts left around being a person or located object with a history.

I watched an Youtube video where a report was shown that the average brain of a Tibetian Buddhist monk had 30 times more potential to be happy than average people in the world.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom I was asking about abnormality in reference to your question. I'm not disputing the validity of the test.
I just think that it's a remarkable result after a few years of meditation, so I was curious whether there were any abnormalities to begin with.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Nothing asides the stuff I mentioned, but yep curiousity and pretty sure I wasn’t.

I have changed experientially, mentally and in other ways quite dramatically. Still do. I wasn’t like this before.

@Preetom I awakened before psychedelics. Did psychedelics a year and a half/two years after awakening.

Doing psychedelics is when shit got weird doe lol. Kundalini, and other sorts of weirdness.  

One of the teachers I was into at a point in time said your whole life can be yoga. He awoke at 50 with no prior meditation experience nor anything of that sort. Yet he was ripe. He learned what he needed to learn you could say in a way (You can look him up. He is good. Sat Shree is his name.)

Years spent in meditation is one factor. Ripeness, due to life, perspective and so on. Are other factors that can delay awakening or speed it up.

11 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Preetom I was asking about abnormality in reference to your question. I'm not questioning the validity of the test.
I just think that it's a remarkable result after a few years of meditation, so I was curious whether there were any abnormalities to begin with.

The final result or brain structure will be the same whether it's enlightenment after 2 years of seeking or 60 years of seeking.

After enlightenment, it would take like 6months-1 year for the brain to start taking on this new structure.

People woke up way faster than that as well. Jed Mckenna(and few of his folks) did it in 2 years (in fact he often says if it takes more than 1-2 years, you are only using spirituality as your new shiny vest to wear and you really don't wanna wake up). Ramana and Eckhart woke up the very first time they self inquired. Few of Ramana's pupils woke up very quickly, while other several hundreds were probably kissing Ramana's feet everyday for 40 years and yet was as deluded as day 1...with a fatter ego.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom Your idea of the post awakening process doesn’t reflect the reality. Based on my own experience, that of my teachers and other teachers I’ve listened to.

eg Theravada Buddhism, ramaji, maharishi mahesh yogi, jan esmann, David spero, sat shree, and many many more.

1 minute ago, Arhattobe said:

@Preetom Your idea of the post awakening process doesn’t reflect the reality.

okay that could be the case. 

It also depends on where we draw the line called 'awakening'

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom At what is referred to as self realisation, the dropping of body identification, shifting your awareness from the person to the screen, shifting into non duality.

@Preetom At what is referred to as self realisation, the dropping of body identification, shifting your awareness from the person to the screen, shifting into non duality.

exactly.

The more time goes on after this realization, the more daily habits and brain structure change.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom That point is what I call conscious realisation. Conscious understanding and realisation serve as a gateway for much deeper understandings, embodiment, the reflection of what’s seen in your subconscious mind, vasanas and so on.

A long path still awaits you upon conscious realisation. Many differing levels of depth or stages lay beyond.

Separated in Buddhism into the 4 differing stages/10 fetters of enlightenment for example. 

Progress after the initial conscious realisation isn’t automatically a given either. One person can get stuck at a certain depth due to many factors. One can gain depth at a fast pace. So on and so forth.

3 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Preetom That point is what I call conscious realisation. Conscious understanding and realisation serve as a gateway for much deeper understandings, embodiment, the reflection of what’s seen in your subconscious mind, vasanas and so on.

A long path still awaits you upon conscious realisation. Many differing levels of depth or stages lay beyond.

Separated in Buddhism into the 4 differing stages/10 fetters of enlightenment for example. 

Progress after the initial conscious realisation isn’t automatically a given either. One person can get stuck at a certain depth due to many factors. One can gain depth at a fast pace. So on and so forth.

Nicely explained. Thanks.

It's not enlightenment until it is the only, ever effortless, uninterrupted being. One finally reaches there through many trials and stages.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom It’s uninterrupted at self realisation. At the beginning of the path I mentioned.

@Preetom It’s uninterrupted at self realisation. At the beginning of the path I mentioned.

haha oh yeah.

The rest of the path is being too. Nothing new comes into the equation.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

33 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

I have changed experientially, mentally and in other ways quite dramatically. Still do. I wasn’t like this before.

Care to elaborate the biggest differences between, let's say - now and 5 years before?
Specifically:

• The inner dialog. I get that there's probably no idle chatter going on, but can you actually talk to yourself mentally? What about mental images and sounds? Do catchy songs stalk you? Can you visualize solutions to complex problems? Do you get flashes of memories and tune out of physical sight?
  • Psychological feelings. Anger, fear, sexual arousal, hunger, etc. Do you feel them?
  • Physical pain, like hitting your arm against the wall - full force. Would you do it? Why not?
  • Synthesia. Do you differentiate between distinct sense spaces such as sound, sight, touch?
  • What do you do for a living? Is it mentally challenging?

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

• What do you do for a living? Is it mentally challenging?

He is doing his 2nd masters program. Married as far as I remember. Age less than 30 xD 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

What was the last time you give an orgasm to a girl. Serious question.

Does it change sex performance in your expérience.

I just break with the borring question

@Aeris yesterday 

@tsukiI don’t really remember life pre awakening so I can’t tell you how I have changed compared to my pre awakened state.

Compared to my early post awakened states. Post awakening I still had immense conscious and subconsious arrogance, very little understanding or clarity of seeing in regaards to others eg why they do what they do, and as a result immense lack of compassion (Genuine compassion out of understanding. Not due to a non dual high. Had those.)

I was still emo beaneath the surface, angered, frustrated, it was just easier to deal with. As maharaj once said “the ego still arises for me it just dissipates as soon as it arises.” It was such a state. It felt like that, but in hindsight it only appeared like that because my reference point was severely limited. 

Let’s use an analogy. A loud stereo that’s always been on during ur entire lifetime being turned down a bit or by a decent amount might seem like it’s close to silence. Yet it is far, far away from silence.

Most people in and out of non duality can’t fathom how noisy a calm mind with vasanas really is, until they shed a tremendous amount of them.

At a certain volume using the analogy I used my brain stopped being able to consciously thing or engage in an inner dialogue. I couldn’t talk to myself mentally if I chose to. It felt very unnatural if I attempted it.

The only time an internal dialogue is present is when I am typing oddly enough. I don’t understand why lol.

In regards my visual cortex and imagination. Like my ability to think it’s not at all active like it used to be and I don’t have the ability to day dream, and become engaged in visual thoughts.

I do like a good song but it doesn’t do much for me.

In regards to psychological feelings. I have them. They are, however, drastically reduced in intensity and some feelings I’m incapable of having. Eg feelings of ill will even in reaction to something, pride, anger (I often feel helpless in a way in its stead.)

Hunger is there. Sexual arousal is more like sexual readiness. It doesn’t arouse me, but I can have sex when my member is ready lol.

Physical pain wise That’s an odd question. Why would I damage my body lol. I’m not stupid. I have thought that my relationship to pain has changed when I have been in pain eg recently I had some kidney pain because of a kidney stone. Nothing serious doe

In response to your synethesia question. Ofcourse.

& last but not least I’m more functional than ever. 

@Preetom Not married, just have a partner, and 28/29;)

@tsuki

thanks you didn't enterely answer. but that's your right.

Would you recommand a meditation technique after kundalini/ for someone with already a silent mind ?

did you listen to music ? are you ears "ringing" ? 

do you still makes art ( if you did in anyway ) ? find gratitude in contemplation of reality/art ?

what is your favorit activity ? what are those subtles things that trigger you with some egoic phase shift ?

how do you deal with egoic frustrated self iperactiv mind around ?

any thoughts ?

edit : didn't see all the answers, don't bother responding what you already did ;)

Edited by Aeris

@Aeris like I said in the analogy what you assume is a silent mind due to a lack of reference point is actually extremely noisey.

14 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

Let’s use an analogy. A loud stereo that’s always been on during ur entire lifetime being turned down a bit or by a decent amount might seem like it’s close to silence. Yet it is far, far away from silence.

Most people in and out of non duality can’t fathom how noisy a calm mind with vasanas really is, until they shed a tremendous amount of them.

I did some simple pranayama when I had kundalini, but basic meditation is good enough if you have kundalini so not really.

Do listen to music and no.

I find no gratitude in contemplation of  reality. 

Don’t have a favourite activity really, and feeling helpless when I can’t help people or being confronted with an aspect of reality I still can’t accept fully, subconsciously leads to  fluctuations beneath the gross layer that is thought/my internal dialogue.

dont understand 5th question

and no.