Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EvilAngel

I want to move city

5 posts in this topic

OK, so I know my problems won't all be solved by moving, but I'm sick of the place I live and I need a change of scenery. I live in the UK, but don't want to say exactly where for privacy reasons. There is only one person I know in the new city I am planning to move to, so I will pretty much be on my own. I am planning on getting a one bedroom flat and looking for a job to top up the benefits I am already in receipt of. My main issue is that my upstairs neighbour is a junkie and I am also just sick of seeing the same old streets/shops/people. Not only that, but I currently live too close to my parents, who are having a negative impact on my life. I need to be my own person (I'm 31 and I still feel my parents have too much influence on my decisions etc.)

Now, I am already a fairly isolated individual. My worry is that I will be even more lonely in the new town then I am already. At least I have the option of visiting people in my current town, or bumping into them in the street. 

However, I need a fresh start and I need to expand my horizons. There's got to be more to life than my current situation. I want to do a University or college course starting in September (probably psychology as I think this is my life purpose). So I guess when September comes around I will be able to make friends with other students and won't be as lonely.

Has anyone who has maybe been in a similar situation got any advice for me? 

@Shiva I'm currently doing a very basic horticulture course, which ends in June, but my heart's not in it and I have missed about 50% of the classes so far.

Sure, why not? If you'd want nice scenery you could always come here to Norway ;)

I am myself, heaven and hell.