AlwaysBeNice

Meditating strictly before falling asleep is a super shortcut

5 posts in this topic

Before sleep you always have a golden opportunity to get really deep if you seriously commit.

How do you do it? Lay on your back AND DON'T AROUND, be still, stay awake as you fall asleep (practice makes perfect).

You might find yourself turning anyways and saying fk it I want to get my sleep, very tempting, and that's fine, but it is a perfect window of opportunity. 

Lol :D

How successfull have you been with this method?

I know a simpler method that works for me 80% of the time. I'm doing this for a month maybe and I wake up in half-mesitative state. It's really nice :)

It sounds simple but that's the only thing that I found works for me when I want to enter sleep-meditation mode.

Really good, at night I become something different to various degrees, it still shocks me, but it's good.

That said I do have 7 years of different of practice behind me. 

That said, if you really commit to this method, just try to stay awake for like 5-10 more min than you usually do, you will absolutely see results..

Sounds simple, it is, but the pull of the sweet instant relief, yet of unconscious sleep is strong,

it's like, very hard to do maybe, but you only need to really commit for like 10-20 min, possibly somewhat longer, we all know how different our sleeping times can be right

@AlwaysBeNice can definitely relate. I have been practicing for around 9months now, best experience I've had were meditating in the bed before sleep. Been trying to get a lucid dream for a long time before, never occured. Had a lucid dream about a month ago with this method. Totally recommend.

47 minutes ago, karkaore said:

@AlwaysBeNice can definitely relate. I have been practicing for around 9months now, best experience I've had were meditating in the bed before sleep. Been trying to get a lucid dream for a long time before, never occured. Had a lucid dream about a month ago with this method. Totally recommend.

Yes good that you mention this.

Waking Induced Lucid Dreaming (WILD), uses this as well, by far the basic technique of lucid dreaming, it's actually a copy of that, only they will usually only do this after they wake up after the first round of deep sleep in the middle of the night, or during the afternoon, focusing on creating a dream.

But this focuses on the Void/light Self, mostly just through intention and not being focused on phenomena but on still being (and perhaps mostly trying the method before deep sleep).

But ye, it may actually be quite hard to get results before deep sleep after a full day,

and it will definitely be easier to practice this after the first round of deep sleep + 1st dream,

only that time may be more focused on dreams, which can be fruitful as well in terms of exploring self/void.

Both things are worth trying, dreams are quite amazing too, and it is possible to get results from before deep sleep if you REALLY commit.