nightrider1435

Kratom

7 posts in this topic

I'm interested to hear some opinions about Kratom on here. I went and picked some up at a local head shop today since it's legal where I live. I bought a strain called "Malaysian Red Vien" and started out with a 3g dose. Within 20 minutes I began to notice some mild euphoria, overall just felt more relaxed and peaceful. I had a great mediation session after taking it. This could be a good tool for consciousness work but like psychedelic's it deserves your respect. From what I've been finding out the withdrawals can be bad if abused, so you wouldn't want to be taking it everyday. 

Ya. Make damn sure you space out your usage days at least a week in between. The stuff can be a monster to come off of.

Pro tip: take 0.5-1g of shroom            60-80mins before your kratom. Wonderful synergy.

And always research for possible interactions if you're on other meds.

As a rule of thumb i will never talk to anyone about kratom but since i've scanned through this forum, i like to imagine there is somewhat of a mature adult audience so i'll break that rule.

Do i think anyone or everyone should take kratom?

No, infact i'd advise against it, clearly as a whole we're incapable of making calculated decisions and using moderation. Peoples minds are so closed and kratom isn't much of a mind opening substance honestly.

What about dosing?

Kratom comes in so many different strains and each strain can be different in strength & effect. Even the same strain can be different depending on what plant it came from. No two snowflakes are alike, that means no two alkaloid profiles and plants are either.

Kratom can be enjoyable and i think it's one of the more mature substances out there, i certainly don't feel like making bad decisions or making a mockery of myself on it like i do with alcohol. At low doses, i get a clear and gentle stimulant and nootropic effect my verbal recall, fluency and physical energy seems increased without any increase in heart rate, which i find unique too since i am sensitive to stimulants.

At higher doses i feel a much different effect, and the likely hood for being that responsible full of energy icon i was at low doses disappears and the effects start to become very sensual, even though it is a good feeling i avoid high dosing because i don't ever want to sacrifice productivity for enjoyment and neither should anyone else. 

It clearly could help alot of people from reading all of the pleasent experiences online. There isn't much respect, research and knowledge when it comes to people trying new substances. More and more dangerous ones are taking place of safer alternatives everyday. 

Edited by Deepconcepts

5 hours ago, Deepconcepts said:

Do i think anyone or everyone should take kratom?

No, infact i'd advise against it, clearly as a whole we're incapable of making calculated decisions and using moderation. Peoples minds are so closed and kratom isn't much of a mind opening substance honestly.

I would agree with this, depending on you some people should stay clear from Kratom. The stuff is cheap, it is plant based, legal in most places, easily accessible locally or online, it can make you feel great but also easily turn into a daily habit, become a crutch. The quitkratom sub on reddit is filled with horror stories of people who clearly abuse this stuff, I'm talking 20gs and up a day for months or years, which is insane. I wouldn't want to imagine the withdrawals from that much use.

Kratom comes in so many different strains and each strain can be different in strength & effect. Even the same strain can be different depending on what plant it came from. No two snowflakes are alike, that means no two alkaloid profiles and plants are either.

From my experience, reds are more euphoric and sedating. Whites and greens give me more stimulation and energy. I've also heard that the strains are just one big myth primarily use for marketing, its basically all the same, there is no difference. I'm not sure whether that is true or not though.

Kratom can be enjoyable and i think it's one of the more mature substances out there, i certainly don't feel like making bad decisions or making a mockery of myself on it like i do with alcohol. At low doses, i get a clear and gentle stimulant and nootropic effect my verbal recall, fluency and physical energy seems increased without any increase in heart rate, which i find unique too since i am sensitive to stimulants.

At higher doses i feel a much different effect, and the likely hood for being that responsible full of energy icon i was at low doses disappears and the effects start to become very sensual, even though it is a good feeling i avoid high dosing because i don't ever want to sacrifice productivity for enjoyment and neither should anyone else. 

Anywhere from 2-3 grams is a good moderate dose. A 5 gram dose will have me feeling really good, and even then I find it doesn't really effect my productivity at all.

@Bluebird You are right! :D 

I want to build on your idea in the best way i can. 

First of all, Productivity can be subjective, varying from person to person, if you have a goal and are working towards it then that can be considered productive, to you. 

I'd also add that, in the pursuit of traditional enlightenment people would not be concerned with kratom in general, unlike the people attending this forum with more of an open mind and that of which i'm still new to.

I also wouldn't go as far to say doing high doses that can be quite sedating, "high doses" which is the context i put this in, does not give me the same type of enjoyment as enlightenment. Since i try to see it from a neutral perspective.

Lastly, i think lots of it is subjective, unique and personal. We're all a little different when it comes to kratom and how we're approaching & interpreting our enlightenments. Not to mention what we do with ourselves after we experience these things.

Edited by Deepconcepts

3 hours ago, nightrider1435 said:

I would agree with this, depending on you some people should stay clear from Kratom. The stuff is cheap, it is plant based, legal in most places, easily accessible locally or online, it can make you feel great but also easily turn into a daily habit, become a crutch. The quitkratom sub on reddit is filled with horror stories of people who clearly abuse this stuff, I'm talking 20gs and up a day for months or years, which is insane. I wouldn't want to imagine the withdrawals from that much use.

From my experience, reds are more euphoric and sedating. Whites and greens give me more stimulation and energy. I've also heard that the strains are just one big myth primarily use for marketing, its basically all the same, there is no difference. I'm not sure whether that is true or not though.

Anywhere from 2-3 grams is a good moderate dose. A 5 gram dose will have me feeling really good, and even then I find it doesn't really effect my productivity at all.

I wanted to give the most basic opinion i could on kratom and actually doubted my comment were worthy of a reply such as yours, Thank you.

I can't say 3 grams is moderate, or even a low dose and i shouldn't have because each person and strain is so unique like i emphasized. I would never say though that 20gs is moderate either that's completely irresponsible. I can't believe someone would do that but at the same time, i don't expect anything more from people either. 

Although, this may seem hypocritical, your dose to me is considerd low from how you describe it. I  don't know if you ever had a high dose, in contrast a moderate dose is going to partly effect productivity by definition, by it naturaly being half productive and half unproductive. Though, You may just have a higher threshold, i have high thresholds for certain things which would normally ruin someone elses day.

If you had a real high dose before i'm sure you'd understand the laziness that can come with it.  My whole idea here of low, medium, high could of easily  been confused for a sedating strain. xD

As far as strains go, If my strains generally are more slow, medium, fast as labled and fit this acception more than 50% of the time, then it's enough to count strains as being a half decent measure.

Doses vary from person to person we all have a different lean body mass index, height and different experience to a certain extent.

Some kratom varieties have been known to have very little active compounds which means you can abide by different dosing ratios.

But, like you said!

"its basically all the same, there is no difference." :D

I do agree don't, get me wrong.

Edited by Deepconcepts