BjarkeT

Whatever the situation: challenge accepted. Never be a victim again.

6 posts in this topic

I realized the value of taking responsibility for results in my life. Blaming and complaining about other people was really wasteful.

If your co-workers take advantage of you, are you going to waste your time on complaining about them in your mind? Or, are you going to take responsibility for not allowing your co-workers to take advantage of you?

The video also mentions the importance of pushing beyond comfort zone. You have two choices. 1. Complaining in your comfort zone. 2. Push beyond comfort zones as much as possible.

Edited by CreamCat

What is a victim?  Victim is always measured up against some Ego-Mind's preference.  A preference is always a the golden egg of some Ego.  So, you're gonna be a victim many times in life.  Every time your Ego-Mind doesn't get what it wants you're gonna feel like a victim.  And don't think this is all conventionally selfish stuff.  Consider your preference to stay alive, to stay healthy, see.  Being will victimize your Ego-Mind in a way that is both foreseeable and unforeseeable.  Being doesn't march to your Ego-Mind's drum.  And you need to come to terms with this.  This is a major part of the Path.  The world doesn't revolve around you.  Don't take that personally; that's just the way things are for everybody.  Being is not for you or for him or her or for that.  That's what Ego wants, see.  Ego tries to make being partial to me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor