Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GodelEscherBach

Religion And Enlightenment, Same Thing?

9 posts in this topic

I was raised a Catholic, then in my teens became and extreme atheist, In my mid twenties started personal development, now im 30 starting enlightenment work.

Every piece of information including Leos videos, resemble to the Bible. Seems like the bible was an guide to enlightenment, only written in metaphor?

EGO-the Devil

Meditation-Praying

Obsesive Thinking- Sin

Presence-GOD

Leo was doing some analogies, as well, in his benefits of enlightenment video: suffering - Hell, Enlightenment or self actualization - Heaven

It will be interesting to read the bible from an enlightenment point of view. Treat is as if it was a PD book or something. And do some serious analysis. Maybe the keys to enlightenment are hidden in religious book, wisdom that has been passed though generations.

1 hour ago, GodelEscherBach said:

Maybe the keys to enlightenment are hidden in religious book, wisdom that has been passed though generations.

Haha, it wouldn't surprise me if Jesus really just wanted to enlighten people but had to use extreme metaphors just because of the time he lived in. And even with that they got him killed. Pure dude. Imagine he would've said stuff like "You are everything and nothing", "You are a field of undefinable awareness" etc. They would've killed him a lot earlier I'd guess.

But you won't find any hidden keys in that book or in any other. I'm currently reading Shobogenzo from Zen Master Dogen and this is a book that really gives it away. If you read closely you find a lot of hidden pointers in which direction to look or go. But even such a book cannot give you a little trick that undermines this whole journey.

So be careful searching for something like that. You will probably fail. :P

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

3 hours ago, GodelEscherBach said:

I was raised a Catholic, then in my teens became and extreme atheist, In my mid twenties started personal development, now im 30 starting enlightenment work.

Every piece of information including Leos videos, resemble to the Bible. Seems like the bible was an guide to enlightenment, only written in metaphor?

EGO-the Devil

Meditation-Praying

Obsesive Thinking- Sin

Presence-GOD

Leo was doing some analogies, as well, in his benefits of enlightenment video: suffering - Hell, Enlightenment or self actualization - Heaven

It will be interesting to read the bible from an enlightenment point of view. Treat is as if it was a PD book or something. And do some serious analysis. Maybe the keys to enlightenment are hidden in religious book, wisdom that has been passed though generations.

The ego is not 'the devil' and obsessive thinking is not a sin. Even meditation is not really a prayer. Everything is a cool creation and there is nothing shameful to it. Prayer does exist in saying kind wordt to yourself. It is really cool how you relate these things, but actually the ego and obsessive thinking is here to help you grow. Ones life is easier that way.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

some one that believe theology = A THIEST

some one that doesn't believe theology= ATHIEST

same 

I am REALITY

and so is no one else

i am war

i am peace

i am pain 

i am pleasure

i am positive 

i am negative

i am past

i am present

i am future

i am science

i am religion

i am pseudo 

i am creation

i am destruction

i am all

i am nothing

i am here

i am there

i am descartes

i am socrates

i am Buddha

i am eckhart tolle

i am mooji

i am you

i am nature 

you feel alone because alone you are

you are the nonexistent super massive black hole

you were never born

you will never die 

you never existed

this is enlightenment

you missed 50 billion lives reading this

3 hours ago, GodelEscherBach said:

There is no difference in being catholic, atheist or doing enlightenment work.

@GodelEscherBach When Leo was comparing how ego is the devil for example, he's demonstrating how the pre-rationalists bring ideas of post-rationalism (i.e. enlightenment ideals) down to their level, the pre-rationalists confuse post-rationalist ideas with religion and form a religion out of it, which is not what post-rationalism is

And post-rationalists also lump pre and post rationalism together because they both seem like spiritual non-tangible stuff, though they're different in actuality

He has a video about religion vs. science which talks about this

This one is too simple.

Religion is simply someone els experience.

And spirituality/ enlightment is yours.