Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
okulele

The only way to physical well-being

7 posts in this topic

Over the last 3 years I tried a lot of things to improve my health. Fasting, dieting, exercising, affirmations... you name it. Don't get me wrong, most of these approaches are very legit and good, but they did not help me and will not help anyone, if done in a neurotic way.

We all heard it, but I think it must be said again. Mind over matter! It's not so important what we do in regards to our health, but rather in what mindset. If you want to heal yourself, because you feel sick, it will just cause more misery. What is the way out? Loving-Kindness towards your body.

Decide  that every time you think of your body, feel your body, see your body or interact with it in any way, you will do so with an energy of loving-kindness.

Catch yourself feeling subtle guilt while looking in the mirror or feeling a bit of shame while eating a desert. Drop that shit and change it for loving-kindness.

While exercising or just walking, allow yourself to feel your own loving-kindness towards your body.

When sick and intellectually knowing that your health is no good, see that there is also loving-kindness present underneath these sensations and focus on that.

Decide to cultivate an inner relationship with your body which is like that with a lover. Catch yourself habitually speaking to yourself about weakness, sickness and not-being-good-enoughness, drop that shit and change it for loving-kindness.

Decide! You do have the power to make the decision to treat your body with loving-kindness no matter what! No matter the sensations, emotions or thoughts. And then you will experience physical well-being.

Resources that might be helpful:

Taoist Inner Smile meditation tries to teach just that.

Formal Loving-Kindness mediation helps to learn how to experience this feeling.

One more thing! It is a skill and must be practiced! We habitually project negative feelings onto the body and create sickness. We can stop doing it with practice and focus on loving-kindness instead.  

May all of you be healthy ?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@okulele

Thanks for the reminder. I second this!

The best gift one can give oneself is alert, loving attention.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I consider sport the only way to physical well-being. I think that you mustn't train over your forces, just start from beginner core workout and you'll feel positive shifts right after the training! Do sport regularly and you will get rid of negative thoughts and become calm. The sleep becomes deeper and the mood improves, not to speak of body. As the proverb says - moving is living.

@and_gr I am all for sports. But again, the success with this depends on the attitude. If you hit the gym thinking and feeling: "I am a fat looser so I have to go here...", it will be no good. Better change it for loving-kindness.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Indeed, but:

A 10x faster healing will be Cholesterol intake. Why? Because that is the main ingredient in healing. There is no such thing per example too much cholesterol, is just a myth of the media and industry. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

5 hours ago, okulele said:

What do you mean by this? Supplements?

Egg yolk per example.  Supplements? Yak!

... 7 rabbits will live forever.