kira

Vegan

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

bla bla bla...

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@kira you're just gonna have to do the research and go through the journey yourself. 2-3 years ago, the same question popped into my head and its a slow process, but its extremely rewarding and what becomes healthy vs unhealthy become clearer.

On 5/3/2019 at 11:33 AM, Hellspeed said:

I don't care about morality, only the basic conventions of society, like not harming other human beings, and that is about it.

And you realize that if we did not ate raw animal products during hundreds of thousands of years, now you would not be able to have this human life, nor this intellect neither your humanity. There was never been an Eden in where society ate plants, that is a man made concept of what the optimal life should be. And that concept is around 2-300 years in the west and millenia in the east. All this to build a sheep based society starting with agricultural revolution after the cold era of humanity. So don't confuse raping kids with eating animals, you pervert.

Dont try to convince anybody. let  nature make its own work. If people cannot hear his own body that is weakening by a low nutrients diet and craving for some animal meat and fat... 

I'd say be sure to realize that not all forms of veganism are equal and the same goes with people. Not everyone has equal success if that's with their health and fitness or relationships.

You can especially fail being vegan because it is incredibly hard and there are many peole who are just incapable of the copious amounts of shopping, discipline and putting their morals before taste buds.

Veganism takes lots of personal research and is a serious life choice that can destroy your health if you're incompetent or don't have the gut strength and genetics. For example you have a wide array of food allergies...

I'm not going to reply or have an argument with anyone because that's what studies are for, learn to read the studies and medical literature diligently and have the appropriate medical vocabulary to understand before coming to dramatic assumptions and to falsifying all of Veganism.

lifestyle factors aside from diet have an impact on our health aswell like our stress, relationships, mental health and fitness all these need to be in harmony with one another.

I am vegan and it's helped me psychologically more specifically attain desire and ability to learn, focus, remember. Cleared my skin up and helped me become more emotionally intelligent and open minded.

Edited by Deepconcepts

Just a personal experience - my two cents

I was vegan on and off for about three years with my longest stretch lasting 9 months.

When I was a "unhealthy vegan" eating junk food, I felt like trash or similar to a junk food standard animal product diet. When I was a "healthy vegan" I felt incredible, and I lost over 100 pounds in a long-term sustainable way. I'm no longer vegan, and I eat a lot of seafood now, but eating "clean" with minimal animal products I feel better than eating vegan junk food.

Best to worst state of health---> clean vegan>clean omnivore>junk food vegan>junk food omnivore

I think the best I've ever felt was eating raw vegan and supplementing, but that lifestyle was difficult/expensive for me to maintain.

(no comment on morality or ethics, just personal health experience)

I personally try to transition from vegetarian to vegan. A big challenge you will face is social pressure, especially from (stage bleu/orange) family members. Unless you have a very thick skin. 

If you want to go vegan my advice would to transition slowly. For example have weekend cheat days for meats etc. and family parties. When you feel ready go vegetarian. Then apply a similar strategy to go vegan. This transition will also prepare your family if you see them often. 

Good luck!