Sahil Pandit

Quality of Motivations/Emotions

6 posts in this topic

Right now my main focus is expanding my consciousness, with a result that the quality of emotions improves.  What it feels like for me is that there are two points of tension/distortion, one kind of deep in my third-eye, and the other kind of in my stomach a bit below my belly button.  By focusing on these areas and letting go, its kind of like some tension gets released, the point feels more free and lets more light/love in, and I become a bit more aware.  It's that awareness which makes the emotions feel so much better, and I'm not sure if that's because you're more aware so it's easier to let go of what you're more aware of,  and letting go makes the emotions feel better.  Or if because you've practiced letting go, you're now more aware of what you've let go and that's what makes the emotions feel better.  But the trajectory is just letting this tension dissolve further and further, I assume this will continue to make my days brighter and brighter, and maybe at the end instead of a mini tension snap, it'll be like the whole balloon which feels like is blowing up will just pop and I can be fucking free of my own resistances D::: fingers crossed

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Currently I don't feel very well, because I hardly experience any emotions. Whenever people are happy, tell each other jokes, I feel nothing (nothing makes me happy, usually i fake it so I wouldn't look like out of place). Let's look the opposite way  (I'll tell you my experience). A week ago my friend passed away. I was in his funeral. Many people were there, everyone were crying, sad, however I felt... nothing. Even the first time I heard the terrible news I didn't feel anything. 

I can't be in relationships, because I don't feel anything towards anyone, so I'm usually on my own..

My recent stage in life is really miserable. I have no clue how to feel emotions again. :(

1 hour ago, ingurix said:

Currently I don't feel very well, because I hardly experience any emotions. Whenever people are happy, tell each other jokes, I feel nothing (nothing makes me happy, usually i fake it so I wouldn't look like out of place). Let's look the opposite way  (I'll tell you my experience). A week ago my friend passed away. I was in his funeral. Many people were there, everyone were crying, sad, however I felt... nothing. Even the first time I heard the terrible news I didn't feel anything. 

I can't be in relationships, because I don't feel anything towards anyone, so I'm usually on my own..

My recent stage in life is really miserable. I have no clue how to feel emotions again. :(

Many guys are in this same boat, we kind of grow up wanting to be big and tough and kind of having an idea of who we should be that isn't really conducive with being happy.  It's possible to go from wanting to kill yourself and feeling empty, to loving life, so I hope you don't lose hope.  Maybe stick around the forums a little bit and give it a few months before you come to any conclusions about you not being able to be in relationships.  You want to feel again, that's something, something that I think will turn into a lot for you but we will see.

Have you been meditating out of curiosity?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

23 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

1.) The quality of your motivations.

2.) The quality of your emotions.

I don't think you should judge your life by completely relative and subjective qualities that are easily corrupted or reasoned away by ego. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo