Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allislove

My meditation experience

6 posts in this topic

I started to meditate only 3 weeks ago. 2 minutes of concentration and then 20-40 minutes of "do nothing".

Now I started to experience for a few seconds some interesting stuff. It's hard to describe but I'll try.
It feels like energy goes from my bottom body to head and up and my mind frequency is going up. It's a little weird and scary feeling, so after a few seconds, the mind tries to return to a regular state and everything goes back to normal. On the other hand, the experience is pleasant.

Also, at the beginning of meditation if I look into some particular point everything starts to move in waves a little bit, but then mind tries to rationalize it and waves disappear.

Just wanted to share my experience.
Maybe I need to create a journal instead.

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Haha, after 2 days solo-retreat I realized that the "interesting stuff" was no more than self-deception. I tried to increase pressure in eyeballs which generates a feeling of pleasure. Now I am more aware of eyeballs during meditation and try to relax them as much as possible.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@dimitri You're doing great. Don't get too attached to any unconventional phenomenon that occurs during meditation.
They can be pleasant or unpleasant. Bliss, or suffering. What's important is non-attachment without being attached to non-attachment.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@dimitri That’s LOC 580. You’re starting to experience phenomena and bliss states. Enjoy them while you can, but make sure you keep your eyeballs on the prize: ego death, the disappearance of the I-thought. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

15 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@dimitri You're doing great. Don't get too attached to any unconventional phenomenon that occurs during meditation.
They can be pleasant or unpleasant. Bliss, or suffering. What's important is non-attachment without being attached to non-attachment.

It’s true that in the end, you should be un-attached from non-attachment, but I would say it is very useful for the seeker to be attached to non-attachment. It provides a clear direction to un-attach yourself from all the bullshit in life (and there’s a lot of it). In the end, you will automatically un-attach yourself from it, but use it whilst seeking.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Just now, How to be wise said:

It’s true that in the end, you should be un-attached from non-attachment, but I would say it is very useful for the seeker to be attached to non-attachment. It provides a clear direction to un-attach yourself from all the bullshit in life (and there’s a lot of it). In the end, you will automatically un-attach yourself from it, but use it whilst seeking.

@How to be wise You're right. We have to meet people where they are at.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2