Beeman

How to act confidently without making other feel insecure

4 posts in this topic

I am a confident person, struggled to my life to make it better. I have been in every part of life situations. I am super confident, but when I am confident other people feel insecure. I have seen these pattern on myself. While acting confidently in subconscious mode when I encounter insecure  I completely act weak and insecure. What should I do? 

Be really self-honest and make sure this confidence is not coming off as superior or like an asshole. Aside from that, that's all you can do. Accept that confidence will make weak people feel insecure around you. That's OK! That's a reflection of them, not you. It's not your job to make everyone around you feel good, otherwise you'd have to lower your self-esteem and confidence to the status quo. And despite what they may appear like, deep down they respect and admire your confidence, as long as you're not being an asshole. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I guess you can be empathic, friendly, understanding, non-judgmental, etc, but you can't fully control the way they feel.

(p.s. make sure that is actually confidence, not arrogance)

Edited by F A B

Learn to sense insecurity. Tone down your confidence with those people and adopt traits that lets the other person feel superior (with balance, you dont want to become the nice guy) this can be adopting humble behavior and being genuinely interested in the other person, making them aware that they are in fact more superior than you in some areas of life like certain hobby.

Also its important to not be too present when interacting other people. Being always present makes others feel like they are being watched and judged, forcing them to be on their toes with you around subconsciously creating negative connections with you. Also remember, that some people may hold wild grudges against you that cant be helped, and they will hate you no matter how you treat them.

Books that can help you become more likeable and tone down negative vibes overconfidence can bring:

The Flaws of Human Nature (Also helps you understand why someone feels insecure)
How to talk to anyone, 92 little tricks
What every BODY is saying