Beeman

The mind is the fucking processor

5 posts in this topic

I am more mindful to observe how my mind think and very amazed how self deceptive it is. As you more and more understand how your mind works, how it play games. the war is just within you not others.

Edited by Belay kelemework
Vocabulary

True! It's always running a movie about the people and events "outside" of you, and trying to get you riled up... but once you see everything is inside the mind, everything.... well wow! Then the real exploration can begin.

Funny how we worry about self aware AI when the mind is essentially that. 

I find it really interesting that when you become aware of what the mind is doing with the endless loop of stories and no longer buy into them the stories become more subtle, and harder to recognize.  The mind/ego is a cunning thing if it has to be to survive. I have noticed a theme to many of  my mind stories. They are geared to give me the feeling of righteous indignation. The stories are along the line of "I'm trying to do the right thing and I am not being understood/appreciated by others. Same theme with different people/places and things plugged in to keep it going.