fewrocker

Strong feeling while meditating - is this common?

6 posts in this topic

I've had experiences like this before, but weaker.

Yesterday, during my meditation, around minute 40 or something, out of nowhere, a crazy rush happens. It seems that my vision has widened, even though my eyes are closed. Goosebumps take over my body. It seems like "Shit got serious", but there isn't a specific trigger, imagery or thought that causes it. It just feels like I'm "going in for a ride". It seems like adrenaline is rushing through me. My mind usually stops, but soon a voice tries to say: "omg this is so cool, looks like an enlightenment experience" even though I know it is probably not, etc etc then ego takes over with a sense that "Im amazing for feeling this" and the experience dissolves after what feels like 2 mins.

Does this mean something? Is it a good or bad indicator about my practice? I've felt it like 3-4 times in 10 months and it surely is remarkable

Does the energy is located somewhere precisely, or is it everywhere ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Lol I know exactly what you mean, the 'im going for a ride' is the best way to explain it.

I believe its a good indicator of progression. You will 'feel' it more often.

But I believe you should try to ignore it and carry on with your meditation technique. 
Whenever I entertained it I go off in a tangent. 
If I ignore it I go deeper and deeper within. 

Edited by Garuda

Yes, there're  many form of side effects. If they coming up its good indicator.

Do you get it through meditation? Like, focusing on your breath?

That's interesting, because the closest I have been to such a feeling was when I was doing self-inquiry and a significant realization suddenly came. 

I wonder if meditation could work for me; like, I can question things for a long time; but if I try to restrain my attention on a single thing, I get distracted after 5 min. 

Edited by Sbilko

I directly driving all my focusing on that what am I like 'what the f..it's going on that I feel aware myself'?

Edited by tedens