Ethan_05

Questions about Stopping Bad Habits

2 posts in this topic

I remember watching Leo's video about stopping bad macro-level habits, not his micro habits one, but where he said something along the lines of needing to be able to sit in silence and be fine with presence but from my POV he is the only one i've heard of with this viewpoint. This brings up a challenge of can I trust what he's saying, I'd like to have some more perspectives on this topic.

Hey @Leo Gura where did you develop this information from, or anyone else that read some books or watched some content online about the deeper cause of bad habits. I would love to start learning more to develop a stronger argument for myself that holds up against my self-delusions. I know that I shouldn't need more content and I should just take action but I have many biases because of my unconscious probably wanting to continue with the habit so I come up with all these weird rationalizations for continuing the habit even though consciously i know that I want to stop the habits.

Any ideas?

"That which the world calls day is the night of ignorance to the wise." - Bhagavad Gita

Becoming Conscious

All answers come from within. Observation=learning. 

Start with his 3-part series on Self-Deception 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo