korbes

How come you can't force "Mystical Experiences" or "Meditative States"?

4 posts in this topic

You've probably experienced it yourself, you were in a deep meditative state or had an incredible mystical experience / glimpse of awakening, that you're just so eager to reproduce, but you can't seem to get into the state that is required for this experience to happen..

I was wondering if any of you intelligent peeps out there had an explanation of this? How come we can't reproduce these experiences with force?

Is it because the desire stems from the ego? We have too many expectations to how the experience should turn out, so there is no organic flow in the experience, which means it can't be experienced, because it would then be an artificial/mind-made-up experience?

Looking forward to your replies :-)

Spread love!

When you know what being is you can.  I can commiserate with being anytime I want to by meditating.

@korbes precisely.  It is in a nutshell ego backlash.  A mystical experience..an experience of no self is a threat to your very existence.  

I'm facing this now.  I had a huge awakening a few months back and now even though i am conscious of the absolute i can no longer become it.  I can no longer become being.  I will keep trying for the rest of my life but i am afraid without pyschedelics it may never happen again.  My awakening came without pyschedelics but it was a lifetime in the making.  

That said I'm not sure if having it multiple times is really necessary for me.  I take solitude in the fact that i am awoke and to become being again is not why i meditate day to day anymore.  It is simply to be aware of the present moment and of awareness itself. 

I think my ego ruined future experiences for me because i literally felt death and i couldn't stomach it.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Being is already the ground. States/experiences arise from and fall back into THE NOW/the ground.

It is seemingly otherwise because of the over fascination with objects of experience. As these objects give vitality to the subjects continuity of self(distinct & independent entity) that stands apart of the field of its objects of experience/states. 

Any step you take in any direction is a step away from yourself/BEING...No need to force what is already inherent in and of itself as THE NOW. Forcing is what sustains the apparent loop of subject/object divison. 

Edited by Jack River