Manjushri

absolutely no motivation to finish college

5 posts in this topic

I'm a psych freshman and I've already fell with my motivation. Had "psychosis" and I'm one month behind with personal development, transcendence and studies. If I can't positively motivate myself, maybe a negative motivation is better/ e.g. if I don't study then I have to x then I lose these opportunities then y then what is a person without a degree etc

I have absolutely ZERO motivation to study. I just keep procrastinating it because I'm "behind" on my studies, having forgotten what I learned. It's just so hard to get back on track. 

Do you have in interest/passion in psychology? Do you have an end-goal for what you want to do with your degree? If you have a strong enough vision of what you will be able to do with your degree, it should be able to help carry you through when times get rough. I would suggest journaling and asking yourself what your five year plan is and what your ideal life would look like in 5 years.

I stayed in college for nearly 7 years until I finally dropped out. I already have a job I really like that I don’t need a degree for, and I was not at all interested in what I was studying at university. My motivation became so bad I was failing classes when I was previously a 4.0 student. It was a tough decision to quit but I realize that I can always take it slow and finish my degree later in life if I so choose.

To be clear I’m not suggesting you give up already and just drop out, you are only a freshman and that can be a tough year of transition. Maybe it’s the wrong major for you, or maybe you just had a small hiccup and you’ll get back on track if you just give yourself some time. Try not to beat yourself up about it too much, because that won’t really help. I have faith that you can turn it around.

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

6 hours ago, Manjushri said:

I have absolutely ZERO motivation to study. I just keep procrastinating it because I'm "behind" on my studies, having forgotten what I learned. It's just so hard to get back on track. 

Is your current major and degree something you actually want? Is that your life purpose? If so, then cultivate vision, if not, then why are you wasting your time and money?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Provided your goals align with going to college. Here is how you catch-up if there's "too much work."

Since you are 1 month late, the amount of work you expect yourself to do to catchup will probably be a lot. I recommend starting with breaking goals into smaller ones, then doing the easy work; thus building your momentum, try to not judge yourself based on the amount of work you've done the during the day as that'll make it harder to build the momentum, be less outcome orientated cuz that'll give you stress.

Try journalling every night before you sleep, this'll probably get you a more personalized answer to your problems. I ask myself what I've done today? (to keep track of what i'm actually doing), and how could I have improved today?

Edited by Proactive

I've changed my account password to something I don't remember. 

I do not support actualized.org anymore

goodluck