ivankiss

Bless you, Leo Gura. And thanks for nothing ;)

23 posts in this topic

This is a very spontaneous thread; that is why I know for sure it is important. 

Since I joined this forum and community, I've seen people picking both on Leo and the forum. I myself ranted against a few things; with good intentions only, of course. However; I did not see much content dedicated to Leo and the awesomeness of his work. Not that I have been giving much effort in finding such content; but still. 

By no means I want to kiss anyone's ass and be cheesy here. I merely want to express my genuine graditude, appreciation and amazement. I want to aplaud Leo in my own way, if I am allowed to do so.

I may not be Leo's most hardcore fan or follower. Honestly, I did not watch most of his videos. I mean; c'mon, the guy is clearly insane. The amount of content he is able to put out and through in such a short period of time is unbelievable. It could be viewed as a super-human ability, really. He goes deep, he is exact, he knows his craft. He is Leo and no one else (besides nothing, of course). I suppose that is the most important factor of them all. And that's also why I fell in love with him (no homo). He is genuine and does not have an intention to bullshit anyone. He lives his own words. He walks his talk. One can tell that by the way he presents himself. Even if one only sees a digital display of him. Autenthicity shines through everything. Even an lcd monitor.

I remember; a while ago, when Leo told me in one of his videos, that there is no difference between me and the tree I'm looking at; my heart nearly jumped out of my mouth. I had a massive ego backlash, if you will. I remember regretting I ever clicked on that stupid bald head on youtube xD Can you blame me? I mean there was I; giving my everything into achieving my goals, following my passion...and out of nowhere; this character Leo comes in and tells me none of this exists and nor do I. I was done with him, for a while xD

Today I am afraid of non existance no more. I am not afraid of life either. And that would not be so if it was not for Leo, his amazing work and this forum. I found the final pieces of the puzzle here; with the help of some amazing people.

I am thankful for that beyond speach. You all kick ass so much. Especially you, Leo Gura.

You started all this on your own. I trully admire that in you. Or in anyone else, who shows simular qualities, really. I can see the burning passion within. The drive. That is something you and I have in common, Leo. And everyone else as well; aware of it or not.

I see much value in your work. I do not fight meaning. I acknowledge it. This is my humble way of expressing just that.

It could be argued that my evolution is my own only and that nor Leo nor this forum really had anything to do with it... but I prefer expressing graditude and love, even if it makes no sense. Especially then.

It is a great act; to allow such degree of transparency. The guy may as well be naked in front of us all. He is not afraid to be seen. To be open about his own process of evolution as well as let others learn from it; extract meaning, interpret it in their own way. Even if they may enterily misinterpret everything he says. That takes caurage. Will and dedication. Love and passion. That is how you spread light; spread awareness. 

Bravo, Leo Gura!

I'll admit; you're not exactly my type tho xD I dig abstract waters, more. I do not know how I ended up wandering into the logical and philosophical side; but I know it was necessary. And you sure were the perfect teacher during that journey. Without saying your content is purely logical. I love it when you rant against logic and rationalism haha. But I suppose you know what I mean, overall.

It's just a vibe. We come from different paradigms; have different backgrounds. Nevertheless; we still gaze at the same one thing; Infinity. Our expressions are unique, but they all express one thing, ultimately.

I am whole. Always was and will be forever. But I probably would not know that if it was not for you.

So again;

An honest thank you to Leo, actualized.org and all the wonderful characters in this community.

I see you and I salute you.

Leo, keep kicking ass and stay awesome!

By no means is this goodbye tho. I merely noticed the opportunity to express graditude; so I did. Glad to live among such amazing people.

Much love and respect.

Edited by ivankiss

Yes, Leo's great, but he's just a regular guy who you don't really know, and the reason people don't post threads like this that often is because the guy needs to keep his ego in check, just like everyone here. xD

@EvilAngel Or else? 

Would there be an imaginary fight between imaginary egos? xD

Also; I do not have to "know" Leo in order to recognize his qualities and compliment those. Or is there a rule against that? xD

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss My humility is much more humble than anyone else's. So therefore, you would probably win. Or would it be me?;)

Edited by EvilAngel

@EvilAngel I would win by letting you declare victory ;) 

No need to compete. I am complete.

Edited by ivankiss

30 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

the reason people don't post threads like this that often is because the guy needs to keep his ego in check

maybe; we are never satisfied to give compliment without feeling in debt or not being able to say it because there is still more of our egos to work on as you kindly stated. Compliments while satisfied with ones being just as things are now are completely different aren't they little ivan :P they come from a place of love and use words like gratitude because they weren't in debt. individuals on both sides of the coin with the same face, not individuals on both side of the coin. 

that was an amazing message dude

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash There is definitely a lot of love in this thread, and on this forum in general and it's nice to see, agreed. :)

@Aakash Little Ivan likes how you put that, yes xD

There is no debt. No one can run out of anything. Throw a compliment or two every once in a while. Your crown won't fall of your head ;) It will make you an even prouder king with a kind, loving and open heart.

I am not afraid of expressing love to another man xD Love is unisex. It is meant for all.

We should give more in order to recieve more.

At least that's what I choose to do, for the sake of doing just that. I can be no other way.

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss I use evil as a front to protect myself. But in the end, an angel is an angel. ;) <3

I've seen your posts from when you told us about your psychedelic-induced awakening, and I have much respect for you and I'm gonna give your music another listen. Your passion is fantastic!

Edited by EvilAngel

@ivankiss Trust me my compliments, he doesn't want to hear them. 

they'd be so devilish like 

"leo, can i have a signed copy of your book, thank you, the biggest fan( without attachment) ; who loves your content the most" 

"ohh and by the way, thank you for all that you've done for me" 

BUT LEO ;) ....  JUST SAYING 

see ivan , see it doesn't come out with the same amount of love; so my crown gonna fall right off :D 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash Love can be stupid an innocent. It is still love :)

If it comes from the heart; it does not matter how it comes out. 

If Leo helped you put your life back together or achieve anything else; he deserves a "thank you". Not a rule. But still very cool and nice. Very nobel; if you will.

Wether he likes compliments or not I do not know; nor do I care much.

I sense a nudge; I follow it through xD

That's it.

14 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

@ivankiss I use evil as a front to protect myself. But in the end, an angel is an angel. ;) <3

I've seen your posts from when you told us about your psychedelic-induced awakening, and I have much respect for you and I'm gonna give your music another listen. Your passion is fantastic!

I am very humbled, again 9_9

Sometimes I almost get overwhelmed by the amount of love I feel for you peeps. And I don't even know a thing about you. Except that you are all truth-junkies and some of the most loving and advanced (human) beings I ever incountered anywhere.

Be sure to find yourselves in my future forms of art; in some way or fashion. I always express everything that is meaningful to me.

Much respect. Thank you.

@ivankiss

54 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I am very humbled, again 9_9

Sometimes I almost get overwhelmed by the amount of love I feel for you peeps. And I don't even know a thing about you. Except that you are all truth-junkies and some of the most loving and advanced (human) beings I ever incountered anywhere.

Be sure to find yourselves in my future forms of art; in some way or fashion. I always express everything that is meaningful to me.

Much respect. Thank you.

The feeling's mutual, my friend,

I just listened to the whole of Porcelain Safe -"Note to Self", and it is truly mind-blowing. I focused as much as I could, although it has a lot of complexity and nuance which is hard to grasp. It took me to some dark and beautiful places in my mind, and I had a mini-samadhi at one point. I also cried at one point (the start of part 3 I think, when you're doubting the significance of your creativity, which I can relate to). What a journey. :) 

I stopped listening prematurely last time due to the uncomfortable outset, but I'm glad I gave it another go. 

And yes, keep expressing your open heart and mind. We need more people like you in this world!

(Oh and I'm sorry if my original post came across as a personal attack or judgment, wasn't meant that way)

Edited by EvilAngel

@Aakash Will send it your way once released; no worries ;)

@EvilAngel Oh stahp it, you 9_9

I live for moments like this. I make art precisely for this reason. Connection. Resonance. Unity. Also; expression and general love. Meaning. Beauty. Passion.

When I notice a person heal by listening to my music; even if they are unaware of it; that is exactly what I live for and create. Call that egotistical as much as you want. I feel it as the purest thing in existance.

It makes my heart burn beyond words.

Keep in mind tho; I started writing and recording Porcelain Safe while I was still half-asleep. It's been a good two years ago. Cannot wait to lock myself in the studio and record new material. I am bursting with it. And it is much more awake and mature than my previous work ;) It is also calmer, less chaotic and more pleasant to the common ear. It is Ivan; to be exact.

This thread, however, is all about Leo. 

So please stop complimenting me so mercilessly xD 

But also thanks, really! 

It is very appreciated.

Edited by ivankiss

Criticism means (1) someone took the time to try to help you, and it also means that (2) someone actually listened to what you had to say.  

Criticism is the highest compliment to the extent that it's done with the motive of good faith.

But no Ego of course likes criticism.  It sets up a fight or flight response.  Your Ego seeks to be agreed with.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

.  Your Ego seeks to be agreed with.

Agreed.