ivory

Can you want truth?

24 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Girzo said:

On the other hand, I know exactly what happiness means. When I recall a mystical experience my body shivers from the reminiscence of the sweetest sweetness there is. Happiness is that sweetness. I want to go full monty and overflow with it every minute, every hour.

So your happiest times were mystical experiences? Those come and go. Ah, but what was the mystical experience pointing to? 

In order for the mystical to become your normal, you have to embody the Truth at whatever cost. Follow it until you die. In order to attain what you're after, you can't actually take "you " with you. There's no extra seating on this celestial train :P

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, you can want truth. It's actually very important in this work. But you must be extremely careful not to confuse your egoic wants for want of truth. Wanting actual truth is very rare. Mostly when people say they want truth they are lying to themselves. They have confused egoic ideas of truth with actual truth.

The problem with wanting truth is, since you don't actually know what the truth is or means, how can you really know want it?

Even so, it is possible to want truth simply for truth's sake. But that means stomaching the costs to one's ego.

If the truth would kill you, would you still want it?

If not, then you don't really want truth, you want a fantasy of truth (AKA, you want falsehood).

I just want to know what reality really is. It's become clear that there are no "things". It seems there are just appearances, sounds, and sensations floating in space. Things are a fiction of mind. So what is really real? As for self, thoughts are just appearing in space without a thinker. I'm getting a handle on what isn't, but not yet on what is.

Oh, the other thing I thought I'd mention is that I'm currently working on developing stronger concentration so I can examine reality more closely. I'm hoping this will enable me to get some real answers.

On 27.1.2019 at 6:24 PM, ivory said:

Oh, the other thing I thought I'd mention is that I'm currently working on developing stronger concentration so I can examine reality more closely. I'm hoping this will enable me to get some real answers.

the point is you can concentrate on one thing one process in being aware of it - but it’s impossible to know what reality really is as it is always changing always moving as long as you try to catch it. you can try to hold on to the moment for some seconds you can experience stillness of time in yourself - but reality will go on. 

what you are talking about is not concentration it is awareness of reality.

both are different as you can be aware but not concentrated - concentration is bundling awareness to a focal point. awareness of reality is awareness on that what is simultaneously.