Shin

Can meditation be the same as self-inquiry ?

24 posts in this topic

@Jkris too be honest; i'm not sure how i would put it into words, i just do it because it works for me. i think alot of thoughts per minute, but i don't exactly hold onto the thoughts. probably every thought i have carried, i have dropped because you move closer towards enlightenment to the stage now where thoughts come from emptiness, meaning they come from no where, aka have no meaning in reality. these are probably the current thoughts i am holding onto. 

i say holding but i'm not really thinking about it, but from what you posted its kinda understandable why i used a technique called the writeway technique- where i would write down every thought that i was having accurately, i wouldn't have time to identify with it. it was just coming from somewhere that wasn't myself. 

but seriously, i don't really know how to explain it 

Edited by Aakash

also its rigourous in the sense, you can't physical not do something else. because your chain of contemplation is attached to enlightenment because its truth your seeking. so like i've been doing contemplation both unconsciously and consciously for 6 years straight, without putting it down because you have some next drive for the truth at all costs. 

also but even if you do find out who is the I and what the nature of reality is, if you don't do alot of the first one, or just generally i think that this practice needs to be coupled with something other one , you have a weak embody rate. In my opinion, so its sorta fruitless kinda at the end of it, sometimes. the number of mystical experiences is good i would say, i've had quite a few