Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
universe

Dizzy, light headed, tired, chest pain

8 posts in this topic

Im 28 years old.

It all started with a heavy dull feeling in the chest at night around 2 weeks ago. Ive been doing a lot of swimming in december, might have overdone it a bit. I felt really tired and the next day had some slight symptoms of having a cold. I rested as much as I could but also went to work because I didnt feel to bad in the morning.

Now 2 weeks later I stopped working because I feel dizzy when standing up and also very tired all the time.

Went to the ENT because I also thought there was water in my ear. She cleaned them and said they dont look red. Also checked my nose and throat and said they are a bit red and I had some discharge in my throat (I cant feel it, also have no pain and can breathe normally through my nose)

She gave me some antibiotics that I didnt took and checked my blood for inflammation. I will get the results tomorrow and then see.

What I guess it could be:

1. Some form of influenza & inflammation, which killed my immune system and my body is weak from fighting it.

2. Some inflammation in my ear that messes with my vestibular nerve

3. Something wrong with my heart

4. Psychological

5. Undiscovered Diabetes? (Im thin but I eat a lot of sweets)

Now I got my heart checked a year ago (because I also felt dizzy for a month or two) but they said it was in perfect condition. Blood pressure is a bit low.

The chest pain is mostly on the left side but not always there and I think it might be some muscular tension. I also feel a trigger point in there.

If its 1 or 2 I'll just have to wait and rest.

4. could also be.

Any recommendations? What to do against dizziness?

First guess would be that the dizziness could be a Labyrinthitis (inner ear infection). These are very commonly caused by swimming.They may not necessarily be able to see this on manual examination because there is only so deep they can get....but this doesn't explain the chest tightness. 

But it is also possible that the infection has spread down the pharynx into your breathing apparatus and is affecting the lungs which is the cause of chest tightness and diziness (insufficient oxygen distribution) or potentially even heart as a pericarditis which would have very similar symptoms. 

You better make your way to see your doc and ask to have bunch of tests done. I'd exaggerate a little bit so they do all the proper tests. If they give you antibiotics suspecting respiratory or cardiac inflammation you better take them !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

That could very well be, I did wear these ear plugs for swimming tho. I have no fever and no coughing.

I might try my luck with the doc tomorrow. Was staying in bed the whole day yesterday until now because of dizziness. But overall dont feel too bad so I wanted to see how much I can handle first.

@universe another possibility is that you already had a virus/bacteria in you but it was kept by your immunity. And when rigorous swimming reduced your immune alertness (all vigoruous exercise does this because of the oxidative and inflammatory micro damage) the pathogen awoke and started spreading. Perhaps you've caught that in one of your earlier sessions. 

Also there are other ways for bacteria to get in besides ears, I personally tend to accidentally swallow at least 1dl of water when swimming, don't have the best technique... I think some cryptosporidium or giardia are commonly found in waters that are not properly chlorinated....sometimes even that doesn't help. 

Anyways best go get yourself checked, ask to get some blood testing and inflammatory markers done and if they are willing also an EKG and X-Ray of your chest. All the best mate !!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It was mostly tension in the back. Got a little bit more faith in the medical field after my doctor did a good diagnosis :)

You should definitely talk to a doc about this and not rely on any kind of information coming at you over this forum. There's no way anyone can give you any kind of accurate diagnosis on here.

If I were you I'd definitely get my iron levels checked out. Did you look at that when you got your bloodwork done?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

No dude...this is part of enlightenment.  You are almost there, don't give up.  This will get worse over the next few weeks but it's best just to ignore it and continue your path to enlightenment.

ps. Go see a doctor

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

Yes I saw a doctor.

He diagnosed the back tension.

No I dont take any pills. But he gave me pills to relax my muscles and they work. But I only took 2.

Iron levels are fine.