F A B

How do you add value to your work?

6 posts in this topic

Time ago I met this amazing bus driver. He simply changed my mind. I used to think "bus driver? What an ordinary boring job!".

But then I saw him at work, and... wow!

He was always smiling, he was always friendly, he actively helped old and disabled people to get on his bus, and so on...

@F A B

You can turn anything into a field of mastery, even driving a bus. The key is just to become obsessed with doing it the best you can.

On 1/14/2019 at 0:40 PM, F A B said:

Time ago I met this amazing bus driver. He simply changed my mind. I used to think "bus driver? What an ordinary boring job!".

But then I saw him at work, and... wow!

He was always smiling, he was always friendly, he actively helped old and disabled people to get on his bus, and so on...

Ya like aurum said, look into how you can bring more to your job.  Look at what bringing a smile to your job everyday would change, or not being a victim or being more encouraging.  Generally these attitudes support growth and improve the qualities in the environment for everyone.  This includes not losing ones temper in the job, or being a negative nancy.

What kind of work do you?  Maybe I could theory craft with you some more.  Ask yourself honestly, how you could show up to your job each day that would improve the life of those around you or even yourself, in the smallest of details, and then implement 1-2 a week until they stick and keep adding them.  Once you come to a place where you are handling all the change you can, just stick with that for a while (could be a year or so), then ask yourself again and add more.

I don't have a job yet. I'm still studying at the university.

Anyway, I want to bring more value in whatever I'm doing, in whatever kind of work I'm doing. I just don't want to fall into mediocrity like almost everyone else around me.  

Edited by F A B

By knowing what your values are and there finding a way to incorporate them at your work. 

This driver's values could be security/stability, being social and doing service for others...all those more or less he gets "ticked" at his job so he is happy and that reflects in his performance. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, F A B said:

I don't have a job yet. I'm still studying at the university.

Anyway, I want to bring more value in whatever I'm doing, in whatever kind of work I'm doing. I just don't want to fall into mediocrity like almost everyone else around me.  

The only value is enjoying yourself, there’s no mediocrity in it.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE