dvdas

Journaling

4 posts in this topic

What is the difference between journaling and contemplation ? What are some ways to make journaling effective ? 

Edited by dvdas

I use journaling as a stream of consciousness writing. Basically, i try to write down all my thoughts as they arise every morning for 3 pages

Read the artist ways

Hmm interesting.. Is just that Leo said that it is one of the most powerful techniques he has discovered, and I was wandering If he is referring to one particular technique or *journaling* in general 

I try to do basic shadow work by writing.I start off with a question like "How do I feel?","Why am I lazy?" and then just start asking "why?" to the answers that I generate.This way you can get in touch with different parts of you and find out what they truly want and create integration.Not as effective as child work or diving deep into your emotions and asking them directly why they arise,but it helps you gain awareness regarding certain parts of yourself.I might feel a little "lighter" after some writing sessions,so I guess it's effective at some degree.