CreamCat

A quote about mastery from an artist

4 posts in this topic

I watched the following video and heard the following quote from it.

Your ego can keep you from growing for the next 20 years because it's trying to protect you from being bad, it's trying to protect you from being flawed.
Don't try to protect yourself from being flawed, and embrace it. Make it part of your DNA. Make it a part of your identity.
When you do that, then you'll find true growth. Then, you'll find style.

And now what?:) Did you like it? Would you like us to comment on it? Or what exactly was your intention with posting it?

If you wanna hear my opinion on it, then I’d have to say that technically speaking there’s a lot in there that is misundertood or generally twisted, at least. 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Flaws are what create you as an artist. Absolutely agree! Great post!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

At the same time ego can keep you motivated TO GROW, ego likes to feel that it is improving, doing more than others, being better, smarter, more developed. Most personal development does not stem from wanting to be an incredibly evolved human being but rather wanting to be better than everybody else....but at the same time I agree that on the edges of personal dev, especially when entering spirituality and non-duality the ego will do its best to protect you from entering this dimension...at least that's how it is in my life 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus