Benoit Jazy

Reflections on Self-delusion + why chase Truth?

5 posts in this topic

While watching Leo’s episode about Ideology, he talks about how the mind will dismiss the inquiry about physical body and reality. I actually started to laugh because there was a recognition that it’s true. The greatest trick : the mind entertains that physical reality isn’t real. But it’s delusion! It makes you think it inquires, but it doesn’t. “To you it’s just philosophy, you’re not seriously inquiring”. It’s yet another trick. It’s just crazy how clever the mind is. 

That brings me to this question : why on earth would we chase truth when it’s the end of you? What’s left after all of you is gone? Makes no sense at all. It explains why I have been avoiding practices lately. I mean honestly Why?

I see only 2 reasons :

1) your minds tricks you into believing you’ll gain something from it (the spiritual seeker)

2) it’s too late. The veil was shown for what it is and now you either resist Truth as far as you can, or you go on board with spiritual practice. (But again, what’s the point?)

Also, to finish on a little melancholic tone, after all, isn’t the mind doing a great loving service by deceiving ourself? Isn’t it nice to be able to conceptually think an external world into existence? 

Ego is just one lens and only one useful lens to look at what you are through.  Enlightenment provides you with a No Ego lens to look at what you are through too.  Now, what you are is not a lens.  The lenses of Ego and No Ego are there to allow you to balance your life in the Now as you live life.  But what you are is not Ego and it’s not No Ego — however, it can be useful to look at what you are through the lenses of Ego and No Ego as the proper context arises.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

There is some truth in what you speak, from my point of view. I am unsure about how others view this situation. 

but to answer your question i would say is your trying to rationalise what it would be like after your truth has been found and saying it is negative completely. Maybe you should inquire into some of the reasons people seek the truth and check with yourself if any of the reasons resonate with you before continuing the journey 

On Monday, January 07, 2019 at 1:57 AM, Benoit Jazy said:

why on earth would we chase truth when it’s the end of you?

because otherwise you don't know the truth of yourself. 

1) your minds tricks you into believing you’ll gain something from it (the spiritual seeker)

your true self doesnt gain anything but attention.

your mind actually gains a lot!

isn’t the mind doing a great loving service by deceiving ourself?

:D 

are you loving it? 

On 1/6/2019 at 4:57 PM, Benoit Jazy said:

why on earth would we chase truth when it’s the end of you? What’s left after all of you is gone?

Precisely because it is the end of you.

Since you are the problem, the end of you is the solution ;)

Can't you see that the only problem in the world is you?

What's left is: nothing!

No self, no problem.

It's a rather ingenious counter-intuitive move, akin to a queen sacrifice in chess. Takes vision and boldness to make such a move.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.