Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herghly

what's the strongest form of meditation from tibetan buddhism?

10 posts in this topic

I always hear tibetan buddhism is very deep and they have some of the strongest forms of meditation.

Do they have any forms of meditation that are comparable to Kriya?

@herghly Vajrayana Practices. Tibetan Buddhism is more interested in esoteric knowledge, abilities, powers and other realms though. As opposed to enlightenment. I recommend staying away.

@herghly A fat man that goes to the gym but eats profusely might be interested in losing weight but that does not mean his approach is conducive to that goal.

You are way better off getting involved with the zen tradition.

I speak from experience, not knowledge gained through online sources.

Edited by Arhattobe

Check out books by Reginald A. Ray. He's a Buddhism scholar and he teaches Tibetan yoga practices which are very body focused.

Books:

• Touching Enlightenment : Finding Realization in the Body
  • The Awakening Body

• Practice of Pure Awareness

Edited by Antonius

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

@herghly What do you mean by strong? You probably get different results, but you can get awakening with both.

Try them both for a month and see what you like. What practice work depends more on you than the practice itself, there are a million ways to get results.

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

thanks for the responses guys

I'm already getting good results from Kriya, but I'm always open to studying and trying knew practices

Edited by herghly