CreamCat

How good is Leo's Super Healthy Vegetable Soup?

5 posts in this topic

I'm interested in preparing healthy meals without spending too much time.

However, I read one comment on that video.

Hi Leo! Baby carrots aren't really baby carrots, they are just pre-peeled and therefor already oxidizing and loosing nutrition, so go for whole carrots. Those green beans are already basically cooked. Also you are damaging the nutrition by cooking the soup any longer than needed...try 10-15 minutes of simmering. The oil could be added at the end...it isn't needed for the cooking of the vegetables and the oil is degraded by the time and heat of the cooking process. Also, maybe half olive and the second cup could be avocado oil. I would add a whole bulbs worth of garlic and put the cloves in peeled, but whole, in lieu of the garlic powder. And add a couple onions. Turmeric makes the soup sunny. Also, another cruciferous vegetable like brussel sprouts (frozen is fine), cabbage, cauliflower, etc.. One last thought...why not add lentils and rice, or just lentils and peas, or even a couple cans of beans? The rice and legume combo (a grain and legume or bean will create a longer amino acid chain giving you a more complete protein) will make the soup a true time saving and complete meal. The soup would leave you better sated, and you wouldn't add anything to the 15 minute cooking time. Wow, did all that sound bossy? (the bossy thing was an attempt at self awareness, so you won't despair of me) I am a humble student when I watch your regular videos, but I am 57, and raised five children in financial poverty, so I know a thing or two about soup.

Because I don't know much about cooking, it's hard to know whether that is a good advice.

How good is Leo's Super Healthy Vegetable Soup?

They guy makeng the comment is right by boling so much time a lot of nutrients are lost, so its much better to cook with steam or presurized cooking pot.

Whay i dont like is leo buy some frozen fruit and vegetables and that kills their vitamins.

I have heard that freezing preserves the vitamins 

https://greatist.com/health/frozen-vs-fresh-which-vegetables-are-best

"Fresh fruits and veggies produce enzymes (trypsin and chymotrypsin) that cause loss of color, flavor, and nutrients just after harvest. But the reaction can be stopped by deactivating the enzyme — which freezing can do — leaving the frozen veggies with more nutrients ."

The kingdom of heaven is within.

I would agree with that comment. That soup recipe is missing something. I like to add mushrooms and beans. Lentils work too. Throw in some hot peppers too.

Eat it with full grain rice or quinoa, we need full grains. Add lentils and/or beans too for protein.

The road to God is paved with bliss.