Dan Arnautu

Stage Red Integration (Spiral Dynamics)

22 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2019 at 11:16 AM, CreamCat said:

How exactly do you thrive in a prison?

in this case by adapting to red social structure instead of beige. beige is the underline tone and i recently also saw an interview of a guy who survived prison with other spiral tones but he was a political prisoner in turkey held captive for being a journalist. he survived on purple and green. it probably also depends on the prison structure and who else is imprisoned alongside and it also depend on the colour of the officers/guards - if they are completely in red good luck surviving.

what is really interesting about this interview is also the mentioning of segregation - i didn`t really know how us american prisons are built. i find it in a way interesting that there are these boxes where people are placed in. they could then converse but still are in segregation - although what i didn`t understand, if he was segregated alone or with others. ten years is a lot.

segregation.jpeg

of course you can find red in a lot of situations and red is part of your spiral dna in any case, even the absence of red is a shaddow of red on the spiral - red in that sense means: how do you handle red situations. red is also the colour in history where kingdoms and knights appeared and women warriors appeared and disappeared.

red is either ruled through brute force or through a coalition of force and wisdom. in my understanding the most obvious emotion behind red is "affect" and "intrigue". if you struggle with a red shaddow, that`s where the training aims to find control.

Edited by remember
still wondering about the effect of these boxes in sense of red hirarchical structures