Patrick Lynam

Crazy Experience in middle of the night after waking up.

9 posts in this topic

So the other night something really crazy happened and its hard to explain but ill try. I was having a dream and in the dream i was talking to duncan trussel (podcaster often on joe rogan experience) and he talks allot about Buddhism and like life being a dream and if i remember correctly he said to me in the dream this is a dream or its all a dream. I woke up not long after that point in the dream and when i woke up (about 4:30am)  i remembered him saying that and it triggered in me something fucking insane it was like all my existential or like metaphysical understanding went into some crazy overdrive mode where i was really like feeling this is all a dream or something my thoughts went into overdrive  and like compounded and compounded until it was something i can only imagine is like dmt my whole auditory/ visual field just became completely overwhelmed with like static sound and like white light but i let it happen and didnt freak out and it lasted maybe 20 seconds all up. Im not sure what the hell happened i have been doing allot of kryia yoga/ no fap/ ecstatic dance, normal yoga and meditation. Not sure if its related my friend said it could be like some kundalini shit but i don't know, does anyone have any idea hahah?

It's not a dream, only looks like that from someone's mind perspective. Everything is a play, wich is different. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

wow what an incredible thing that has happened to you, how could you then focus on understanding it and take your time to analyze it calmly?

Frank89- well to be honest I don't really understand it and i also don't know how i was able to remain calm, i kind of feel like i had a choice to let it happen or to have it not happen there was a sense of control there was an initial shock when i first had the thought of its all a dream meaning waking reality and all realities haha i cant explain it but i feel like maybe to do with how people say the subconscious is more accessable during lucid dreaming so maybe part of my conscious mind had access to the sub conscious when i woke up hahah idk thoe 

1 hour ago, Patrick Lynam said:

i also don't know how i was able to remain calm, i kind of feel like i had a choice to let it happen or to have it not happen there was a sense of control

Hmmm. Allow me send you into overdrive again... Was there really any control over the experience? 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I had this experience many times in sleep. Mostly happens when I'm "charged up", like going to sleep right after listening to holosync. Once I was lucid dreaming and I tried to let go of the dream and then it happened. 

On 12/29/2018 at 0:18 PM, Patrick Lynam said:

@Barna youve had the experience too? can u describe it ? does it have a name at all?

When this happens I hear a high-pitched sound. The visual effect is simply a dim white light. For a few seconds it feels like I don't have a body, but then the feeling of the body comes back and I also feel a pressure in the head. 

I don't know what it is, maybe a meditative state.